69

Lucy

2 months.

It's been 2 months since my period last came down. I just hope it's irregular due to all these changes going on in my life right now.

I haven't been stressing or anything. If anything I've been the happiest I've been in forever.

I'm not sure if to worry about it and wait it out or just get a pregnancy test to get out of doubt.

Yes the idea of having a child with Justin excites, but is this the right timing? Is he even ready to be a father? We never planned on having kids right now so I'm not sure what the outcome will be if Justin finds out.

Will this change anything? Of course. It'll change everything. I just hope it changes everything in a good way.

i grabbed my keys and went downstairs to look for nana to let her know I'm going out.

"hey nana", i said smiling at her.

"yes sweetie?", she said.

"well since justin is at the gym with his friends right now", i said, "i'm going to step out for a bit. i'll be back"

"okay that's fine no worries", she said, "what do i tell him if he asks?"

"just tell him i went to run some errands", i said, "i'll be back very soon"

"got it", she said, "take care"

with that said i went out and went to the pharmacy to buy a pregnancy test.

as soon as i made it to the pharmacy a knot grew in my stomach.

i went in got the pregnancy and went to the checkout line. it was so awkward carrying it with me since there was men in front and behind me.

as soon as it was my turn i felt relieved and was just ready to go and take this test.

"was this baby expected or unexpected", the cashier said, "if so congrats!"

"oh god no it's not mine", i lied, "it's for my best friend"

"what a relief", she said.

"you can say that", i said chuckling.

i went right to my car and just sped my way home ready to take this test.

as soon as i pulled up i ran back inside and looked for nana to ask if justin was home.

thank god he wasn't.

i ran upstairs to our room and just lied down and took a deep breath to relieve some of this anxiety.

it's okay lucy. you got this.

i stood up, went to the bathroom and took the pregnancy test out of the box.

and again this anxiety came back. i couldn't help but start shaking.

i once again took a deep breath and just went on and took the test.

i waited. waited. waited and waited.

i closed my eyes honestly so scared to see what the final official result is.

this just feels like a nightmare i wish i could wake up from.

i finally decided to just open my eyes and see what the result was.

it was positive.

tears streamed down my face of both happiness and fear.

what will justin think and say about this?

is this test even accurate?

i called my gynecologist to set an appointment to make sure this is right. i don't want to say anything until i have proof this is real.

good thing she decided to push everything back to take care of me right away.

i then left the house without saying anything and headed down to her office.

as soon as i got there i went inside and took a seat waiting for her to come in.

"hi lucy", she said.

"hi there", i said.

"how are you feeling right now?", she said.

nothing can describe how i'm feeling right now.

"overwhelmed", i said.

"how long have you have been having symptoms?", she asked.

"honestly", i said, "i don't know. i was feeling fine until i missed my period for 2 months and decided to take a test and it came out positive which is why i'm here"

"oh wow", she said not knowing what to say, "here take your clothes off and wear this. i'm going to step outside let me know when you're fully changed"

with that said she left the room and i went on and changed.

she then comes back in and gets the equipment ready and has me lie down.

she then starts motioning and looks at the screen.

"yes effective", she said, "congrats lucy you're going to be a mom!"

and then tears started coming out again.

"aren't you happy?", she asked.

"yes", i said, "but this is about to change my life and everything"

"that's how you're going to feel at the beginning, but if your partner really loves you he will be just as happy and will stick around this new journey", she said.

her words made me feel much better. i honestly hope  they're right.

"how long have i been pregnant for?", i asked.

"about 5 weeks", she said.

i just nodded not knowing what to say.

after a while of talking and her setting my next appointment and telling me what to do to take care i just left and started crying and trying to process this.

as soon as i got home, i just couldn't breathe.

yes this is a blessing to me, but i just don't know how to tell justin our lives are about to change forever.