59

Ariana

dave and i were were watching the office as we were peacefully cuddling a ring from the door interrupted our moment.

"who could it be?", dave asked.

"no clue honestly i haven't told anyone we moved into a penthouse", i said confused.

"do you want me to go get it?", dave asked.

"it's okay i got it babe", i said giving him a small kiss.

i stood up to go open the door.

my eyes widen when i saw it was jeremy... my ex father in law. i didn't know if to panic or run away. i just smiled and took a breathe to keep my cool.

"jeremy", i said, "how did you know i was here"

"call me creepy but i used a phone tracker to get ahold of you because this is an emergency", he replied.

"what happened?", i said starting to get worried.

"can i come in?", he said, "to talk about this it'll be much better"

i turned around to see if dave was somewhere in sight and he wasn't.

close call.

"sure", i said allowing him to step in.

he takes a seat at the living room.

"do you want anything to drink?", i asked.

"a water bottle will be good", he said, "thanks ariana"

i go back to the kitchen to get him a water bottle, handle it to him, and take a seat on the couch across him.

"what do you want to talk about?", i asked.

"about how stupid my son is", he said.

"and what makes you think of him as that?", i asked.

"how in the world did he leave someone as beautiful and successful as you?", he said.

i could be petty and victimize myself, but justin and i are on the same situation. even through everything i still care about him and see him as a friend.

"well when we started working i was too busy working, it became such a priority i forgot he was supposed to be my priority before anything", i said, "i was stupid to not have time to give him the love and affection he needed. i met someone else and won't make the same mistake again"

he just pinched the bridge of his nose and said, "tell me ariana were you stupid to leave him for someone who has nothing to offer you?"

dave may be no entrepreneur, but he does make a lot of money as an accountant. not that it matters to me.

"no sir", i said, "I'm with an accountant now"

"could be worse", he said, "well that's good"

"i guess", i said.

"do you happen to know who justin started a relationship with?", i asked.

yes of course. one of his employees. i could've sworn she was giving him head once i came to visit.

"no sir", i said, "even if i knew I'm not in the place to tell you"

"well thanks for your time ariana", he said as he stood up.

"no problem", i said.

i walked him to the door and he left shortly after.

dave comes down as soon as the coast was clear and gives me a hug and kiss.

"well that was interesting", i said.

"you handled that pretty well and maturely babe", he said, "proud of you"

"thank you baby", i said smiling at him, "I'm surprised you went upstairs"

"and have him see me?", he said with a chuckle.

i giggled and said, "not that it matters"

"shall we go back to watching our show?", he asked.

"yes", i said.

i then felt my phone vibrating and i took it out to see who it was.

justin: has my dad tried contacting you?
me: yes he paid me a visit minutes ago
justin: you're kidding right?
me: no sir
justin: you didn't tell him anything did you?
me: no it's not my place to anyways
justin: thank you so much ari. that's all i needed to know. sorry for bothering. hope you have a nice evening.
me: you too

"who was it?", dave asked, "you were entertained for a while"

"it was justin asking about his dad", i said.

"i see", he said.

he then turns on the tv and we resumed to cuddling.