26

"so i've been having a craving for fast food lately", justin said as he closed his briefcase.

"and? it's not my concern or problem if you get fat", i joked.

he gasps and says, "rude"

i shrugged.

"well i was just saying because how about we go to in n out after we get off work?", he said with a grin.

"no", i lied.

"why not? you don't want to hang out with me?", he pouted.

"it's just in n out really? don't you know how impossible it is to get me out of there? if i could eat every single burger they had i would", i said now wanting to go eat there.

he chuckles and says, "i know how i could get you out of there"

"how?", i asked raising an eyebrow.

"i'm thinking about it"

"okay good luck with that", i shrugged.

"but do you want to go there with me?", he said.

"of course", i squealed.

"just so you don't end up in there, im going tothe drive thru so we can go to the park or something", he said.

"at least we'll have a walk if we go there", i said.

***

"do you think you would have quit if i was still an ass to you?", justin said as we walked around.

"well", i said, "i would've made your life impossible. you know spit on your latte or tell the lady to make the latte taste bitter and lie to you about it, make sure the printer messes up the ink for your papers, and i would've talk back to you before quitting. i have to have the satisfaction too"

he opens his mouth and says, "you wouldn't do that"

"try me", i said smirking.

"i'm glad we ended up being friends rather than enemies", he said smiling.

"me too", i said smiling back.

he stops walking and looked at me and i looked at him back.

"i'm serous lucy. you're such an amazing person. i enjoy your company a lot. ever since i got comfortable with you, i always see myself smiling", he takes a deep breath and says, "i'm glad i met you"

"i'm glad we feel the same way", i said smiling.

he brushes hair behind my ear. he just stood there looking at me in the eyes and i didn't know if to just admire his flawless self or stop what is going on before an awkward situation occurs.

he leans in closer to my face and i knew what exactly was going to happen. i'm not sure if he wanted to kiss my cheek or make out with me. either one i can't let it happen. as much as i want to, he's married and this is wrong.

i clear my throat and say, "it's getting late we should get going"

he snaps back into reality and says, "uh yeah right"

the ride back home was kind of quiet.

of course it was going to be quiet. he tried to kiss me and probably felt guilty when he realized what he was about to do. he's a married man that loves his wife and he was probably vulnerable because of his situation with his wife.

"thanks for coming. have a goodnight lucy", justin said as i got out.

"you too justin", i said as i shut the door.