45

Lucy

justin decided to have a catch up session with his friend so i had no choice but to hide. i'm pretty sure his friend doesn't even know justin and i are together and i don't want to cause him any problems. at the same time, just laying in this bed watching the wolf of wall street isn't helping me from standing up and walking around the house.

risking it wouldn't hurt right?

i stood up, got out of the room and walked around everywhere and made my way downstairs. i didn't hear any of their voices near by so i just walked in the kitchen and grabbed some snacks to go back to my movie.

since they were no where seen, i decided to walk around the area of the house. as i walked, i heard their voices and i couldn't help but eavesdrop.

"there's something i've been wanting to tell someone for a while. i just want to let it out", justin said.

that's concerning.

"what is it?", his friend said.

"please don't tell anyone", justin said.

"i promise bro", he said, "now tell me"

"i met someone else", he said.

that's when my heart started beating fast because how will his friend react?

"what about ariana?", his friend said.

"that's the point i don't love ariana anymore. our marriage went downhill when both us started working in huge businesses", justin said, "at the same time i'm glad we did because i met someone who makes me happy. we're so much alike and i love that"

"does ariana know about this?", his friend said.

"she doesn't because i was very confused and wasn't capable of telling her i wanted a divorce at first", justin said, "but now i'm sure of what i want and what i want is to be with the love of my life forever"

"who's the girl?", his friend said.

"i'm pretty sure you don't know her. she's my personal assistant. her name is lucy hale", justin said.

i felt butterflies in my stomach when he said my name and i just want to jump and scream like an idiot right now.

"no way", his friend said, "you're a lucky ass man. she was the forbidden fruit from the business. everyone, even i wanted to get with her but she literally rejected everyone"

that is true but who is this guy justin is talking to? i can't make out his voice.

"that's because she was already with someone austin", justin said in monotone, "how do you even know her?"

austin? oh yeah the fuckboy of the job. no wonder dave and him sympathized so much.

"because i used to work for your dad. i was an accountant", austin said in a duh tone.

"you should've waited for me. it would've been so much fun working with you", justin said.

"how was i supposed to know you wanted to end up being a CEO?", austin said, "plus i make double what i did at your corporation in my new job"

"good point", justin said.

"anyways be careful bro", austin said, "take care of lucy okay? and make sure to not make everything so obvious because you know how love affairs end"

"yeah bro i know when it comes to lucy, i know i have to protect our love like flower petals"

"man your so whipped that she makes you say cheesy stuff", austin said laughing.

i wanted to laugh too, but i just blushed because even austin noticed how special we are to each other.

their talk made me feel better because i know what justin truly feels about me.

"shut up", justin said chuckling.

"i'm happy for you. it was nice catching up", austin said, "i gotta go i'll text you alright"

"for sure", justin said.

"maybe invite lucy next time we see each other?", austin said.

"as long as you don't hit on her", justin said.

"i won't", austin said.

that's when i scurried away and made my way back to justin's room. it's going to be so hard to pretend i don't know anything when justin talks about this to me.