22

Justin

am i sure this is right? i'm more than sure. i miss lucy's company so much. i will be more open to her about anything if she gives our friendship another shot. maybe she can fill part of the loneliness i feel.

all i hope is i find all the right words to say sorry to her.

then i heard a knock on the door and i cleared my throat. i know it's her who else could it be?

"come in", i said.

lucy came in and i when i looked at her in the eyes, she avoided eye contact.

the way she looked was heartbreaking.

her eyes looked puffy and sort of watery. she was crying of course, but why?

"are you okay?", i said.

"yes i am it's just allergies", she said, "thanks for asking"

"don't lie to me lucy", i said, "just because we fell apart and aren't on good terms doesn't mean i don't care about you"

"oh you actually care about me?", she said pretending to be surprised.

"i'm sorry for everything lucy", i said truthfully, "it's true what they say, you don't know how much someone means to you until you mess up and they walk out of your life because of it. i tend to do that a lot. we became really close to the point i considered you someone important in my life and i don't know why i allowed my mind to fuck that up. i know what i did was wrong, but please forgive me. i've learned from that"

"i don't know justin it's just what if you keep stuff from me again? is that what friends do?", she said emphasizing friends.

"no and i'll make sure to be more open to you from here and on for our friendship bond to become close", i said hoping she forgives me.

she takes a deep breath and says, "i always knew from the bottom of my heart that we were friends"

"and still are", i said smiling, "right?"

"yes", she said smiling.

"thank God because i missed you so much. the talks, the laughs, the arguments, everything", i said thanking God lucy is back in my life.

"me too", she said smiling.

"so why were you crying?", i asked, "i know you were crying"

she sighs and says, "i broke up with my boyfriend. it was just so emotional the things we were telling each other"

"was this just today or have you been feeling like this for a while?", i asked feeling bad for not fixing things sooner to be there for her.

yeah i'm a good friend when i want to be.

"just today", she said pursing her lips.

"if you don't want to talk about it we can talk about something else i don't want you to feel bad again", i said.

"it's okay", she said smiling, "how have you been?"

"stressed", i said.

"i can tell", she said, "how come?"

"i'm having problems with my wife", i said, "i don't even see her anymore only on the weekends for a while. it seems like her job is more important than i am at the moment. i understand is busy but giving up your free time just for working? that's too much. specially at such a young age. our arguments about this situation came to the point we sleep separately and yeah you know the rest"

"wow", she said not knowing what to say, "i wish i could say something, but i've never faced a situation like this"

"it's okay", i said, "that's all that's been going on so far"

"how's being a CEO going for you?", she said.

"it's alright just stressful sometimes", i said, "i still rather singing"

she just nods.

"i'm so glad we're back in track", i said happily.

"me too", she said smiling.