25

Lucy

"we definitely should hang out more often don't you think?", justin asked as he took a sip from his coffee.

"of course i enjoy your company", i said.

"i'm glad you do", he said smiling.

"i won't be killed for this right?", i said jokingly.

"no harm can do when you have a wife that's never around", he said shrugging.

"are y'all still fighting?"

"not really. she said she's going to have a flexible schedule in 2 or 3 months. that's going to feel like forever and it's torture you know"

"yeah i feel you", i said pursing my lips.

"want to hear some jokes again", he said smirking.

i laughed and said, "no thank you. jokes aren't really your talent"

"they are if i laugh at them", he said chuckling.

"then you must have a horrible sense of humor", i said sarcastically.

"i do not", he said.

"whatever floats your boat", i said, "no time for jokes justin your meeting is in 10 minutes"

"okay boss", he said putting his hands up.

i just chuckled.

"i was wondering if you wanted to go to the meeting with me? you helped me with part of this project and your ideas were really good and it's fair for other executives to know you have creativity and lots of potential", he said smiling.

"thank you", i said slightly blushing, "i'll love to go to the meeting with you"

"well then thank you. that just made my confidence rise", he said joyfully.

we went to the conference room and he set his briefcase on his side of the desk and i passed down the portfolios.

"i'm kind of nervous", justin said grinning.

"you shouldn't be. relax everything will be fine", i said assuringly.

"it's just what if i last minute forget what my father taught me? what if they don't like the project and we decline because of it?", he said, "i don't know lucy i guess i'm just overthinking it since this is my first time doing this"

"want me to get you some water or tea for you to relax a bit before they come?", i asked, "you don't want to seem nervous around them that's just going to give them a not so good impression"

"you're right", he said, "i'll have a water thank you"

"alright", i said.

***

"i'm highly impressed with your work mr. bieber", one of the men said.

"thank you", justin said smiling.

"it seems like this isn't your first time doing this, but it surprisingly it is i'm very pleased", this other man said.

no offense but i just wanted this meeting to end. i literally just sat here 30 minutes just listening to them adding ideas to this. sometimes i felt like talking but then i was scared of them belittling me or something.

"appreciate it", justin said, "i'll like to give my personal assistant lucy credit for helping me put part of this project in place"

they clapped and told me i did a good job and that's when i felt good because people like them found my work good enough.

"it was a pleasure having you here", justin said, "hope to work with y'all again"

"i'm more than sure we will", this man said smiling.

we all stood up and gave each other a handshake and a pat on the back.

justin walked them halfway then closed the door.

he lets out a deep breath and says, "that wasn't bad at all. they actually loved it"

"told you", i said.

"thank you for helping me and for coming", he said.

"anytime my friend", i said smiling.

he smiles back and says, "you're such a good friend"

i smiled at him back.