Chapter 6

Author's Note

Here is another chapter because I love the increase in reads. Please feel free to leave a comment and vote. Thanks!

Gabriel continues to search around, moving further into the room. Women put on their best smiles trying to catch his attention.

"What should we do?" I whisper.

Annabelle: " This is why I want you to cut your hair. You stick out around here. Keep your head down. Do not talk. I will handle this."

Mother gets up to leave. Peeping quickly over my shoulder I see her go directly to Gabriel. They talk only for a brief moment before his eyes lock on me. His pace is fast as he is now in front of me.

Gabriel: " You need to come with me Winnie."

"I can't."

Gabriel: "Don't make me have to use force."

Annabelle: "Get up Winnie, we all need to have a talk."

I follow my mother's command. Trying not to make eye contact with the other females as I walk side by side with mother. We follow Gabriel out of the washroom and through the passageways until we stumble upon the first room we see, which happens to be an old music room. He shuts the door, locking it, but not before checking outside to make sure we are alone and not followed. I sit down on a dusty piano bench as both mother and Gabriel stand in front of me.

Gabriel: " Winnie I have some questions to ask you and I want you to answer them truthfully."

I nod my head, trying to look him directly in his eyes.

Gabriel: "Has Xael ever bitten you before?"

My eyes flicker to mother, her face shows worry. I bite my lip nervously before shaking my head no. She breaths out a sigh of relief, brushing a stray hair back into her perfect bun.

Annabelle: " See I told you. Now leave us be Beta Gabriel."

Gabriel: " Have you ever slept with him, sexually?"

"No. How many times do I have to say it. We've never. I wouldn't."

Annabelle: "We are leaving, unlike you we have work to do."

Gabriel: " I am sure she is his..."

My mother doesn't allow Gabriel to finish his sentence before cutting him off.

Annabelle: "She isn't. You aren't dragging her into his mess."

"I'm not what. Stop talking about me. I'm right here. Please tell me Gabriel, I can handle it, despite what my mother thinks."

Gabriel: "You are Xael's mate."

"What makes you say this?"

Annabelle: "It isn't true Winnie this is just a theory he has because master is feeling a bit under the weather."

Gabriel: " It isn't just that Annabelle. He is in an excruciating pain, won't leave his bed and is going in and out of consciousness. This all started the day after you hid Winnie away from him."

"You kept this from me!"

Annabelle: "Winnie sit down. Don't raise your voice at me. That man is just sick. He will be better in a few days. His illness has nothing to do with you."

Gabriel: "You need to listen to me Annabelle. If I am right, Winnie will start to experience mate withdrawal symptoms soon. She isn't experiencing what Xael is going through because she is human, but the longer they aren't together the worse it will be for the both of them. He is already starting to become more feral, more animalistic."

Annabelle: "You have the wrong girl."

Gabriel: "He could die and so could she!"

Annabelle: "If she is mated to him, I will kill him myself."

"Mother!"

Gabriel: "You stubborn old bitch. Open your eyes. There is a reason he is obsessed with her and it's not because Winnie is beautiful. You think he found her in the forest all those years ago by chance. He was drawn to her. I will leave you be for now, but when she starts to feel the pain of separation, you will regret, not listening to me."

Gabriel turns around and leaves the room, slamming the door so hard behind him that a piece of ceiling crumbs to the floor below us.

"I need to see him."

I stand up quickly, hurrying to the door, but a firm grasp on my arm stops me.

Annabelle: "Gabriel is lying. It is just a trick to make you serve Xael again. I can't let him destroy your life with his little head games."

"I owe him my life mother. He could have let me die in that forest. If it wasn't for him you wouldn't have had me. He gave you a child."

Annabelle: "What are you saying Winnie?"

"You are treating him, so horribly, but master was the one that gave you a child, when you couldn't have any yourself."

Annabelle: "Who told you that?"

"Some girl told me when I was younger. She was teasing me because I was an orphan. She saw how close we were and told me I would turn out like you. That I was going to be a spinster who couldn't have any children."

Annabelle: "You listen here Winnie and you listen good. God blessed me with you. Not Xael and I will fight to protect you to my last dying breath. That little girl long ago who told you I could not bear fruit is a liar. I was pregnant once before, but she died in childbirth and I promised myself if I ever had another child I would give her everything. The sun and the moon. The stars and the sky. When I saw how much Xael was giving you and spoiling you I admit I was grateful because he was making you happy and giving you a childhood I could never afford, nor give due to our situation, but you are a woman now. You aren't a little girl in his eyes anymore. You are a full-grown woman and he is a man. An unmated attractive man who doesn't want any pleasure slave.  He wants you. You aren't ugly my Winnie, far from it and the way he looks at you I can see what he wants. Now you are my pride and joy. I love you, but you need to trust me. Stay away from him. Please Winnie, I'm trying to protect you.

Author Note

Man that ending was intense I got a little emotional just writing it. Anyways thanks for reading! How are you feeling about the characters so far? Who is your favorite? Who do you dislike? And whom do you want to read more about?