Chapter 9

Author's Note

Thank you so much for supporting my story so far. Don't be shy, comment!

A.M.

She lets go of my hand to remove the rag laid upon my head. Going to a bucket located by the side of the bed she dips it in wringing it out before placing it back onto my forehead.

"I need water."

Grabbing the cup from the table next to me she puts the cup up to my lips tilting it upwards. I open my mouth letting the cold-water flow into my mouth. After taking a couple of gulps she sets the cup back down.

Annabelle: "I will get the healer."

A couple of minutes later healer Winston, the pack doctor, comes in with mother following behind him. He grabs my wrist checking my heartbeat before looking into my eyes, and checking inside my mouth. He makes me move all of my fingers and toes.

Winston: "Everything seems to be fine Annabelle. Her body has cooled down extremely and her heartbeat isn't erratic anymore. The only thing I don't understand is why she was unconscious for so long. I may have to consult the human healer about it. As much as I know Alpha Xael won't like it, my knowledge of the human body isn't as extensive as he thinks it is."

Annabelle: "Can she stay here overnight or should I have her brought back to my room?"

Winston: "Well I want her to stay here. I will have one of my helpers feed her soup and fluids until I feel comfortable with letting her leave. You should get some rest Annabelle. At your age sleeping doesn't come easy and you need your rest. Winnie will be okay under our care."

Mother looks down at me with sadness in her eyes.

" I will be okay. I didn't mean to scare you. Go to bed mother."

She nods, wiping a stray tear that trickled down her cheek.

Annabelle: " I will be back in the morning."

She exits the room with the doctor, leaving me alone. Staring up at the ceiling I try to figure out why I fainted in the first place.

The sun has always been good to me, but now my body aches. It is hot one minute than cold the next. It makes no sense.

Light knocking on the door breaks me out of my thoughts. They do not wait for me to answer, but barge in. Glancing to my right they come directly to my bedside.

"Beta Gabriel, what are you doing here?"

Gabriel: "It has started Winnie, hasn't it?"

"What are you talking about?"

Gabriel: "You're feeling the affect of not being together. You're breaking the mate bond."

"Mother said I am dehydrated, so does the doctor."

Gabriel: "Winnie you shouldn't lie! Just admit it. You're Xael's mate."

I shake my head no, frantically.

"No. I didn't lie."

Gabriel: "Xael is dying!"

"He can't!"

The pain spreads to my entire body as I grab my chest. The pain is unbearable as I scream out in anguish.

Gabriel: "Just hold on Winnie!"

Scooping me up in his arms a look of distress is the last thing I see before everything goes black.

"Is he coming?"