Chapter 14

I crawl off the bed, but not before wrapping myself in a blanket.

Xael: "Don't open the door Winnie. My wolf is angry with your mother, which makes me temperamental. I don't know if I can control my emotions right now."

"You won't hurt her."

Xael: " Win please. I'm begging you, don't open the door."

I glance back at Xael to see his face is neutral with his attention now focused on his bedroom window.

"Xael are you serious right now?"

Xael: "Not really, but I was telling the truth when I said my wolf is angry."

"Just stay on the bed. I will do the talking."

Xael: "You giving me orders now Win?"

"Yes now be quiet."

Xael: "I know this is a bad time, but I couldn't be more turned on by you ordering me around."

I shake my head at his antics before unlocking the door. Pulling it open I see mother being held back by Gabriel. With his arms around her waist he drags her while she fights back.

"Gabriel stop. Let her go."

Releasing her she runs to me, wrapping her arms around me.

Annabelle: "I was so worried, my poor baby. What did he do to you?"

Releasing me, mother takes in my appearance, staring at me hard. Her eyes getting bigger when she notices the blanket wrapped around me.

Annabelle: "Did he violate you?"

She whispers to me, on the verge of tears.

"No mother."

Pushing past me she marches into the room.

"What are you doing!"

Following behind her I see her pull something out of her pocket. It is shiny and causes Xael to scramble off of the bed. He continues to back away, but pure rage is in his eyes.

Xael: "I didn't touch her in that way. She is still a virgin. Tell her Winnie to put down the silver."

"Mother please he is telling the truth. Don't hurt him."

Hesitantly she puts the silver object back into her pocket before backing away from him.

Annabelle: "Pack up your stuff Winnie we are leaving."

"What are you talking about?"

Xael: "You listen here old woman, there is not a chance in hell that I will let Winnie leave this castle with you. I will kill you myself, if you take her away from me again."

"Xael shut up, you are just making the situation we are in worse."

Annabelle: "I lost one child, I will die before losing another."

Xael: "That could be arranged."

"Xael!"

Annabelle: "You heartless monster."

"Mother!"

Xael: "You old bitch."

"STOP IT!"

I glance between both of them, tears coming out of my eyes. Falling to the ground I begin to cry. Immediately my mother joins me, letting me rest my head on her shoulder while we huddle together.

"All .... I ..... want.... Is.... For you guys to get along." I say in between my sobs and hiccups.

The room remains quiet for a couple of minutes as they wait for me to calm down.

Xael: "I apologize Annabelle. It pains me to see Winnie crying."

"She wouldn't be in this state if it wasn't for your manipulations."

Xael: "You are one to talk. You almost killed both of us."

Annabelle: "What are you talking about? Winnie was ill due to dehydration."

"He is.....well I am... I'm his mate."

Annabelle: "That can't be true. He is lying to you sweetheart. You need to dry your eyes so we can go pack."

Xael: "Check her neck. She has my mark. You are familiar with werewolf customs. Her mark matches the mark on my chest."

Pushing back my hair my mother studies my neck with scrutiny before emitting a loud sigh.

Annabelle: When did you do this to her?"

Xael: "On her eighteenth birthday. I couldn't, not do it. My wolf yearned to do it earlier, but I wouldn't allow it."

Annabelle: " Do you know what you have done!"

Xael: "Yes. I've claimed my woman. My other half. I'm sorry you had to find out this way Annabelle, but I've know since the day I found Winnie that she was my mate. She is a grown woman now and I am tired of lying to her. I do not want us to be apart again. We almost died because of your prejudice towards me."

Annabelle: "Does she know she will never age anymore?"

"What!"

Xael: "Technically that's not true. A human has never been a werewolf's mate before, so she may age, she may not. But all mates age at the same speed as their mates."

"I don't understand. I won't die? You are immortal "

Xael: "No Princess. I age, just at a slower rate. My mother is 312 and my father is 315. They have the appearance of someone in there 60s. I can die, naturally or un-naturally. I can be hurt, as well ,but I do have a fast healing ability."

Annabelle: "When he bit you, he injected you with part of his affliction. Only time will tell how much his bite has changed you."

Xael: "You are trying to scare her. Don't you think if the bite was life threatening that she would have died by now. I bit her 3 years ago. She has shown no changes."

Annabelle: " You won't be able to have kids Winnie. Did he tell you that?"

Xael: "I will give her a fertility potion if need be."

Annabelle: "Do you really think her tiny frame will be able to handle being pregnant with werewolf babies?"

Xael: " Winnie can handle it."

Annabelle: "You are a selfish, selfish man!"

Xael: " Frigid old bitch!"

When will this end.

Author's Note

Name your favorite character so far down below and explain why. Thanks for the comments and votes! Until next time.