Chapter 43

"I do not take kindly to threats Omega Lochlainn. As I said before no."

Lochlainn: "Pity. I would have loved to see you in a formal dress almost as much as I want to see you out of one."

"Let me be as clear as possible. I have someone who loves me as much as I love him. I'm sorry to disappoint Omega Lochlainn.

Lochlainn: "I understand little bird, but if the cats away the mice will play.

Smiling his teeth gleam in the light as he slowly walks away, not stopping or looking back. Breathing out a sigh of relief I pick up my shoes and go back inside. Locking the door behind me I stand there unsure on what I should do about the new situation that is omega Lochlainn.

Holly: "What's wrong?"

Picking my head up I see the very pregnant wolf in front of me with worry etched upon her face.

"Can I trust you?"

Holly: "Of course you can. You are my sister. I've always thought of you as one ever since we had many play times together as babies."

"Can we talk somewhere private?"

Holly: " Of course. Follow me, we will go to your room."

Trailing behind her our heavy footsteps retreat upstairs to the comfort of my bedroom. Heaving a big sigh as I shut the door behind us. Making herself comfortable on my bedding she patiently waits for me to confess my troubles to her.

"I know he is your mates friend, but Lochlainn kind of threatened me in the garden just a few minutes ago."

Holly: "He did what!"

Jumping up fast she makes her way to the door. Only to be stopped by my body blocking the door.

"Holly calm down. This can't be good for your baby."

Holly: " You are right Winnie, but I can't let that philanderer get away with threatening you. I won't have it! Dimitrii will find a new friend. If I withhold sex, he will do basically anything I ask of him."

She smiles then smirks causing me to laugh out loud as she joins me, holding her stomach as she sits back down.

Holly: "My poor back. I haven't laughed like that in ages. I don't have many girl friends, so this is a new experience for me."

"Same. Xael always scared them away. His possessiveness is frightening at times. He means well, but I want to learn how to fight my own battles."

Holly: "I guess it's a mate thing. Dimitrii use to get into fights with any male who just said hi to me. It wasn't until I became pregnant that he chilled out. I mean he still worried about me and the baby like crazy, but he isn't threatened by men around me. This baby belly is a huge turn off for unmated males."

She giggles rubbing her baby bump enthusiastically while grinning.

"I'm definitely not ready to be a mother. I can't even bring myself to have sex with Xael yet."

Holly: "You mean you two haven't sealed your bond yet?"

My face reddens in embarrassment as I sit on the bed beside her.

"I'm nervous and a little intimidated. I'm not naive. I know we need to do this, but Xael is huge in stature and I know I won't be able to pleasure him like he can me. I'm clueless when it comes to intimacy."

Holly: "You just have to let your body do the talking."

"What do you mean?"

Holly: " You have to let your animal instincts take hold."

"But I'm human..."

For the most part

Holly: " Honey everyone has an animalistic side no matter what type of creature you are."

"I guess I understand."

Holly: "You will soon enough. You guys can't stay making out forever."

"Holly!"

Holly: "What? It's the truth. Now back to business, how are we going to solve this Lochlainn situation."

"I need to see Xael."

Holly: "Okay, I like the sound of that, but how?"

"The Moon ball."

Holly: "Yes! I love the moon ball! You should see my dress it is an alluring little number with a corseted back even though I can't tie it tight I can still wear it. Pregnant wolves deserve to dress up just as much as regular wolves and ...

"Holly stay focus."

Holly: "I'm sorry Winnie. Sometimes when I get excited about something I can't seem to stop blathering. Dimitrii finds it cute, but others find it annoying." She sighs.

"It's okay Holly, I understand. My problem is that I don't have an invitation to this ball, I reek of Xael's scent and I do not have anything to wear."

We sit in silence for a few minutes as Holly ponders what to do.

Holly: " I have a plan."

"You do?"

Holly: "I do."

"Let's hear it."

Holly: " You can go with me. As the daughter of a beta no one really questions who I associate with as long as they have the appearance of a high society wolf. People bring friends along all the time. As long as you have the scent of wolf nobody really bothers you. You just have to be escorted by someone with an invitation. As for your scent I know of a wolf who sells witches potions including a scent masker. I can buy it for you then I will tailor one of my old formal dresses to fit you that will reek of my scent, no one will be the wiser. How does that sound?"

"Lochlainn will see me."

Holly: " Honey it's a masquerade. Throw a mask on and cut your hair and no one will even look twice at you. So do you want to do this?"

Author's Note
I'm sorry I've been withholding this story. I hope you guys can forgive me. I'll post a new chapter next Wednesday. Thanks to the readers that have been sticking with this story. Love you guys!