Chapter 13

Helping myself to Xael's bathing products I clean my entire body. Wringing out my wet hair I stand up in the humongous tub. Using a basket I am able to get down safely. Retrieving a drying cloth from storage I wipe myself down. Putting on the shirt I button it all the way up. It is big on me, but reaches my knees. I roll up my sleeves leaving my dirty clothes on the floor. I unlock and open the bathroom door. Peeping my head out I notice Xael is fully clothed in simple attire lying on his bed staring up at the ceiling.

Xael: "Come to bed. We need to have a talk. A serious talk where I answer all of your questions."

Feeling self-conscious I give the shirt one last tug before walking slowly to the bed. Sitting down I swing my legs over lying flat on my back next to Xael.

Xael: "Now is not the time to be shy Win move closer. I need to smell you."

Crawling further across the bed I lie on my stomach, resting my head on his chest.

"I want the whole truth this time"

Xael: "Where should I start?"

"At the beginning. Why me?"

Xael: " I was eighteen and typically after a male wolf turns eighteen he should be able to find his mate with ease. That didn't happen to me. I was crowned head alpha the next day, even though my parents were worried, me being a king without a queen. I told them I would keep searching, but after six months of visiting neighboring werewolf territories I was spiraling deeper and deeper into depression. My wolf would howl for our mate every single night, until finally I found you. I was hunting for my own food during the winter to get my mind off of my mate situation when I caught your scent and heard your cries. I knew you were my mate as soon as I locked eyes with you."

"But how did you know I was the one?"

Xael: "It is an indescribable feeling. You made me whole again. It was complete euphoria the day I discovered you. The love I had for you was endless. Plus your smell was intoxicating. My wolf immediately became possessive over you."

"You've kept me being your mate a secret for all these years. Why? Are you ashamed of me?"

Xael: "I wasn't ashamed of you. I was embarrassed. I was only eighteen and I just found out my mate was a tiny human infant, not a grown woman werewolf.

"Did you at least try to find my parents? Or were you selfish, thinking you could keep me all to yourself?"

Xael: "It was a miracle that you survived out there during winter time. The only thing you were left with was the blankets keeping you warm and that tiny gold locket around your neck. I never searched for your parents because they obviously didn't want you. They left you in that forest to die."

"But you don't know that."

Xael: "I do not want to talk about them anymore Win. It makes me angry."

Xael stares directly at the necklace dangling touching it lightly with his fingertips.

Xael: "Did you know I named you Winnie? Happiness, purity and fairness. I got the idea to name you that after seeing the W engraved on the locket. This is one special piece of jewelry.

"What do you mean?"

Xael: "It is bewitched. There is some sort of protection spell on it. That's why I never took it off of you, or forced you to remove it."

"What!"

Xael: "Don't panic Winnie. I had it looked at by a witch years ago. There is no dark magic infused with it, all pure."

"You jerk!"

I sit up in shock.

Xael: "Win, princess, calm down."

"Don't princess me Xael. You've been lying to me my entire life. How am I suppose to feel right now? Am I even human?"

Xael: "What makes you think you aren't?"

"There is magic protecting me! Can I even take this thing off?"

I grasp onto the necklace holding it tight in my hand.

Xael: "Don't!"

"Why not!"

Xael: " I tried to take it off years ago and I was given a nasty shock, enough to knock me unconscious for a few hours."

I release it, putting some distance between me and Xael. Choosing to lay back on the pillows he sighs in frustration before pulling me closer.

"I don't care what your wolf wants Xael I'm not in the cuddling mood."

Awaiting his reply there is loud banging on his bedroom door.

"Xael you open this door right now! I know you have her!"

Mother.

Author Note

Short chapter I know, but next chapter will be longer. Please don't forget to leave a comment on how the story is going for you so far. Also vote! Thanks.