Chapter 33

Xael: "Say that again."

He leans closer to the edge of the tub, his hand reaching out to touch me.

"I'll never leave you Xael."

Xael: "Come into the tub Winnie. You need to relax."

I bite my lip nervously not sure what to do.

Xael: "I'll change the water."

Nodding silently I pick myself up off the floor, brushing nonexistent dirt off of my clothing as I face away from Xael. Fiddling with the laces on my dress, I struggle to untie myself.

Xael: "Stay still."

A tiny tug at my waist is felt as the dress soon begins to loosen. Holding the clothing up to my chest a cold chill suddenly hits my back. Warm fingertips tickle the nape of my neck as the sound of running water soothes me.

"You can't look at me until I'm in the water, completely submerged."

Slipping off my lavender dress I step out of it slowly. Once undressed I pick up the delicate fabric draping it over the tiny washbasin in the room. Pushing my hair forward to cover my chest I glance over my shoulder to see Xael's eyes covered by his wash cloth. Relieved that I can get into the tub without help from a step stool or chair I walk quickly to it.

Xael: "You need help my little mouse."

"No."

With minimal effort I climb into the tub, careful not to step on Xael when I sink into the steaming water. Facing him I dip my head back, sighing in content.

Xael: "Can I open my eyes now?"

Yes.

Facing him he pulls off the cloth immediately studying me with his eyes. Moving my hands to cover myself he stops me, his hands now holding onto my wrists.

Xael: "I can't see anything and even if I did, you shouldn't hide from me. I'm your mate, your husband, and your lover. You are beautiful to me."

Releasing my wrists I drop my hands back into the water.

Xael: "Come sit on my lap.

Spinning around his rough hands grab my waist pulling me close. My back now pressed up against his muscular chest. Immediately I tense up as his hands now trail up my body.

Xael: "Win it's just you and me. No interruptions." 

He whispers into my ear before reaching underneath my hair to hold my bosom firmly in his hands.

"This is very unladylike."

Xael: "So stop me."

"Xael."

I whisper out as I stare up at him. He leans in capturing my lips with his, before licking my cheek affectionately.

Xael: "I want to be close to you. You've been sheltered long enough. Trust me."

I nod tilting my head upwards so our lips touch again as I'm pulled closer to his body.

Time soon passes and our supple skin now holds wrinkles and bumps from the frigid water.

Xael: "You will catch a cold if we stay in this bath any longer. I will get you a warm blanket. Can you stand?"

"My legs are weak. Could you carry me?"

Xael: "Yes. I saw some firewood out back. I will make a fire."

Picking me up effortlessly he draws me close to his chest rushing quickly to his room.  A water trail follows behind us as he continues focusing on the task at hand. Shivering violently Xael quickens his pace kicking the door open to his room. Setting me down gently on the edge of the bed he wraps me in blankets pressing his hand against my cheek.

"What .... are... you doing?"

I ask, struggling to speak as he crouches down in front of me.

Xael: "Checking your temperature. Your skin reminds me of ice and your lips are loosing their rosy color. I blame myself for your discomfort."

" I don't regret...."

Pressing his finger to my lips to silence me as he continues to cover every inch of bare skin with the itchy wool.

Xael: "Save your energy. Lay back and think warm thoughts. I need to get the wood."

I nod trying to make the best out of the situation. Closing my eyes my mind drifts to the events recently experienced.

Mother please forgive me. You always told me to wait until after marriage before even undressing in front of a man and here I am stark naked as a newborn babe. Xael and me are the best we've ever been and it scares me to think about what comes next.  Is it selfish for me to want a normal life that all free humans have? I'm putting his life in danger. Should I tell him what I am?.... I need guidance...

The room door slams open compelling me to open my eyes to see Xael with multiple logs. Dropping them down with a loud thump he concentrates on building up the fire with what little resources he has.

Xael: "I can't believe how careless I was with you. Our bodies handle temperature differently.

"I'm feeling better. I must say though that this blanket is very uncomfortable."

Xael: "Missing my extravagant furs princess."

"Do not mock me my king."

Xael: " You are a pampered princess who..."

His voice trails off as he stops poking the fire with a branch.

"What is it?"

Xael: "Be quiet Winnie."

He whispers still crouched down near the fire. His movement soon starts again as he glances over his shoulder. Noticing the fear in my eyes he stands up, walking over to the bed. Lying down beside me he wraps his arms around my waist.

Xael: "I thought I heard something. I didn't mean to scare you. It was probably a rabbit or a deer. I saw a group of them when hunting for my meal."

"Just hold me."

The crackling of the fire calms me as we continue to lay in silence.

"Are you ever going to put clothes on again?"

Xael: "I love that look you have on your face every time you peer down."

"You live to torture me."

We both start to laugh, but it doesn't last long as loud knocking halts our cheerfulness.

They found us.

"They found us!"

Xael: "It's not them."

Sitting up Xael makes a dash for the windows. With one swift motion he rips a piece of curtain, tying it around his waist to cover his manhood.

"Who is it?"

Xael: "I know that knock anywhere. Stay here."

Exiting out of the room I continue to lie there stricken with fear.

You need to help him.

Sitting up I rise up slowly to my feet.  Holding tightly onto the blanket I uncover myself to rewrap the blanket into a dress. Arms crossed I go into the hallway that leads to the front door. Without hesitation I push open the heavy wood door separating me from Xael and the visitor. A few feet in front of me Xael stands blocking another body. Talking in hushed tones they soon become quiet as they hear the creak of the wooden floorboards underneath my feet.

"Xael..."

Moving to one side to turn to address me the unknown visitor is revealed.

"Gabriel?"

Author's Note

First I want to apologize for the very very late update. This chapter has a mature version that you can find under my published stories titled MATURE CHAPTERS. Also you have to follow me to read the mature chapter because it will be marked private.  You can read the clean or dirty version, but it doesn't matter which one you read. Thank you guys for all the comments, votes, and reads. I love replying to you guys and interacting so continue to leave comments!