Chapter 37

Traumatized by the touching I just received I follow behind Gabriel even closer than before. My hand gripping his shirt in fear, with every step we take onto the property. Using my free hand I brush my hair in front of my face, hiding myself, and making it more frizzy and tangled.

If I'm unappealing they won't touch me. Right?

Still glancing down I block out all of my surroundings, trying not to cause a scene within the community.

1 stone, 2 stone, 3 stone.....

I count the cobblestones as a tightness in my chest starts to constrict my airway. Rubbing my eyes I feel the all-knowing sensation I am too familiar with.

You will not cry, you will not cry...

Gabriel: "Winnie we are at the front door of my home. You can look up and let go of me."

Sniffing a bit I follow his command brushing my hair back with my fingers I stare up at the medium sized house in astonishment. Looking at the golden door in front of me it swings open with a bang before a fiery redheaded woman stares at me with a bright smile on her face. Tall in statue her simple green dress accentuates her protruding stomach and ample bosom as she runs to me. She squeals before pushing Gabriel gently aside to wrap her arms around me. With confusion on my face she continues to press my face up against her body, squeezing me tight while speaking fast and loud.

Gabriel: "Holly dear let her breath. Let's take this reunion into the house. Everywhere there are eyes watching us now."

Holly: "Sorry papa I just was so excited to see her. It has been years since we've seen each other."

Gabriel: "Don't squeeze her to death. Now get in the house and tell your mother I will be late to dinner."

Holly: "Why?"

Gabriel: "Don't sass me just do it and get Winnie cleaned up. I'm sure you have something that might fit her."

Nodding her head she turns her frown back into a smile as she grabs a hold of my arm pulling me into the house. Still stunned from her friendliness towards me I stand in the center of the room not sure where to go or what to do. The front door shuts behind me as I turn around, timid to the woman in front of me still smiling large and bright. She rubs her belly absentmindedly while looking down at me, giving me a once over.

Holly: "You don't remember me, do you?"

Shaking my head no, she sighs in sadness before grinning twice as big.

Holly: "That's okay. We use to hang out all the time when we were little babies."

"Why did we ever stop playing together?"

Holly: "I transformed. Our alpha didn't want to take the risk of you getting hurt. Which is understandable, wolf pups transform randomly throughout their childhood with no control on shifting between their human form and wolf form."

I nod shyly, feeling self conscious to the confident female in front of me.

"Umm do you know where my mother is?"

Holly: "She is downstairs in the basement. It is nicely sized with a bed and everything, but no personal bathroom attached. You can use my bathroom, since you are kind of dirty and red in the face. Oh and your hair has some twigs in it."

"You're right. Do you really have something that will fit me?"

Holly: " Yes of course and even if I don't I am a great seamstress. It's kind of a gift of mine. Come, follow me."