Chapter One

Destiny

“Damn Destiny you taking forever to get ready” my best friend Sharese said to me.

“It takes time to look this good” I said while putting on my last touch of make-up. I was wearing this off the shoulder black dress that fit me like a glove with my tan red bottoms and matching tan clutch. I must say I am extremely blessed in the looks department. I have long beautiful jet black hair that goes down to the middle of my back with an ass so fat and the breast to match.  My eyes are a beautiful mocha color that goes great with my skin tone. I was team brown skin and represented to the fullest.  I was the definition of bad and I knew it. “I wasn’t rushing you when you was in the shower for a hour using all the hot water up” I said to Sharese.

“Yea yea yea, well you know I love smelling good. How my ass look in this dress?” Sharese asked as she turned around and twerked.

“Girl you a damn fool” I said while laughing. “But you look thick bestie. We bout to be the two baddest chicks in there, pulling all the niggas turning up like only we know how.” Sharese has been my best friend since the second grade when I first moved to town. She has always been the type of female to get the attention of men. She had a figure to die for. If I wasn’t so secure about myself I would probably be a little jealous but like I said, I look good my damn self.

As soon as we stepped in the party, we got all kind of looks. The look of lust in the men eyes was as evident as the look of jealousy and hate the women were giving us.

“Ooh girl I’m ready to get my drink on, lets go do some shots” Sharese said when she saw the crowd of people in the kitchen pouring drinks.

Two hours later I was drunk. I don’t mean tipsy and stumbling a little drunk, but the barely being able to stand and falling over kind of drunk. At this moment all I wanted to do was lay down. Sharese was talking to some guy who had been in her face for the past hour and she seemed like she was enjoying herself so I felt confident enough to leave her for a moment. I just wanted to go somewhere to drown out all of the sounds of the loud music and people. I walked upstairs and went into the first room I saw and closed the door. “Ok, I’m just going to rest my eyes for a minute and then go back to the party,” I said out loud to myself. As I found myself falling asleep, I heard the door open.

Rashad

“Mane nigga, get out yo feelings and come to my party tonight,” my cousin Justin said to me over the phone.

“I guess I will come and bless your party with my presence for a minute or two,” I replied.

“Ok well I’m about to finishing setting up; I will see you when you get here.” With that he hung up.

“Damn don’t nobody say bye no more, they just hang up” I said shaking my head. Truth be told, I just wanted to stay in the house and drink by myself. I had just broken up with my girlfriend of three years. She was my world, well, that was until I walked in on her with another man in her bed. I had a key to her place and she had one to mine. I decided I was ready to make things official and propose to her. I mean, I love this woman with all of my heart and I would give her the world if I could, so why not start by giving her my last name. I wanted to surprise her when she came in from work, so I went to the store and bought rose petals, food to cook, and her favorite wine. As soon as I stepped in her apartment I heard noises coming from the bedroom. I’m thinking someone has broken in to her apartment, so I grab a knife and walk towards the bedroom. I slowly eased the bedroom door open and I was not ready for what I saw. My girl, the woman I was about to propose to, was on all fours with her back arched letting some other man hit her from the back. To say I was shocked was an understatement.

“Really Candice, “ I said shaking my head. She turned around looking shocked.

“Baby what are you doing here,” she asked sounding so afraid.

“After all I have done for you, after all I have given up for you, you turn around and do this,” I began walking out the room. If I stayed any longer I would have killed somebody.

“Baby it’s not what it looks like.” I turned around so quick and looked at her like she had two heads.

“What the fuck do you mean it’s not what it look like? Are you not bent over letting another nigga do what only I am supposed to do? Bitch you got me fucked up. “ I never have called any woman a bitch in my life but this was beyond ordinary circumstances. That was a week ago and it still has my mind gone. When I say I was depressed, it was to the max. I didn’t shower for four days, I stayed in the house and ignored everybody phone calls. All I did was drink and watch ESPN. Candice called me at least 50 times leaving voicemails saying how sorry she was and how much she wanted to make things work. I’m not going to lie, I miss her and I want her back but how can you trust somebody after they do something like that to you. When my cousin called and told me about his party I really didn’t want to go. The only reason I agreed was because of the free alcohol. I guess getting out won’t be that bad for me either.

As soon as I walked in the party I regretted coming. All of the happy people were getting on my nerves. I felt like people were staring at me, knowing the humiliation I went through. Maybe it was all in my head, I just need a drink. I walked in the kitchen and seen this beautiful thick brown skinned girl. Well, she had her back to me so I couldn’t see her face but I could imagine how she looked. The last thing on my mind was finding a new girlfriend. I wasn’t quite over Candice. To be honest I wanted to call her and get back together but I knew we still needed space. After a hour I was ready to go. I had been drinking so I wasn’t going to drive. Instead of wasting money on a cab, I decided to go up to my cousin room and rest for a while to sober up some. I went upstairs to my cousin room and opened the door…