Epilogue

Rashad

Five Months Later

Today was a bittersweet day. It was April 25th, Carmen and Charisma's Birthday. We still had no idea where our daughter was or who had taken her. The police didn't have any new leads so they have pretty much stopped looking for her.

Destiny always wanted the girls to have this huge elaborate first birthday party, which I thought was ridiculous because they wouldn't remember it, but now things have changed.

Destiny barely holds Charisma. Every time she does, she breaks down crying. We have become so distant with each other and it's killing me. I believe she is blaming herself for Carmen being abducted. I keep telling her she still has a daughter here who needs her but she continues to shut me out.

I don't think she wants to be with me. I mean how can I blame her. The only reason we even got together was because of the girls. Now that Carmen is gone, we really don't have that extra piece of glue to stick together. Don't get me wrong, I want to be with Destiny more than anything. She just has given up on everything. I would be surprise if she comes out of the room for our small family get together today.

I walked into Charisma's room to see if she was awake so I could get her ready for the day. When I opened the door she was standing up in her crib reaching up for me.

"Hey baby girl." I said lightly and kissed her on her chubby cheeks.

She pointed to Carmen's crib and whined a little, something she has been doing a lot lately. I know she knows Carmen isn't here anymore. I'm sure she miss her as much as we do.

I changed her diaper and dressed her in the birthday outfit my mom bought her.

When we walked into the living room, surprisingly, Destiny was there. She looked up at me and stared at Charisma in my arms. I was about to speak but she beat me to it.

"I'm sorry." She said finally looking me in my eyes.

"You don't have to be." I replied sincerely.

"Yes I do. I have been shutting you out so much lately making it seem like I was the only one with a lost but you lost a daughter too. I have been so caught up in my emotions that I have neglected the daughter I do have left by putting her responsibility on you and everybody else close to us. Can you ever forgive me for the way I have been acting towards you?" She asked with tears in her eyes.

"Yes I forgive you. I know things have been hard on you but we can work this out together. Just stop pushing me away baby." By this time we were face to face with Charisma being the only thing between us. I leaned down and gave her a kiss. Something I haven't been able to do in awhile.

"Thank you for forgiving me. What time are you going to pick up Raymond?" She asked.

"I was actually about to go right now." I replied.

After going back and forward to court over the past five months, the judge finally awarded me full custody of Raymond. Even though I had custody of him, I would make sure he got to see his mother as much as he wanted. I know a son needs his mother and I won't deprive him of that.

"Ok, well me and Charisma will get situated for her party and I will do something with her hair. You tried, but I refuse to let my child walk around with her hair looking this." Destiny said referring to the lop sided pony tails I attempted on Charisma's head.

"Hey hey hey, don't talk about my job I did. It's kind of cute." I said defensively.

"Uh huh whatever you say. I will see you when you get back."