Chapter 16

Sharese

My mind was everywhere after just being with Rashad. I shot Destiny a text and told her I would be back later. I decided to go to my mom's house and check on things. For as long as I could remember, my mom always have been there for me. Even when I messed up really bad she never turned her back on me.

I pulled up at her house and noticed all the toys over the yard. Raymond was always leaving toys everywhere. My mother spoiled him so much it was ridiculous. He had her wrapped around his little fingers. He is going to be something else when he gets older.I let myself in the house with the spare key she had given me.

"Mama I'm here!" I yelled

"I'm in the kitchen baby." I heard her say.

She was always cooking something. I'm surprised that I'm not 400lbs from the way my mama fed me. Anytime you come into her house you have to eat. There was no such thing as turning down food. My mother took that as disrespect.

"Hey mama." I said before I bent down and kissed her cheek.

My mom stood at four feet, eleven inches. I thank God my daddy was tall. Otherwise I would have been short as hell too. I took in my mother's appearance. She looked vibrant as ever. Her skin glowed and she was smiling while cleaning collard greens. Something was up with her. Her hair was done and she had a manicure, something she never got.

"Sheryl Marie Alexander, do you have a new man?!" I asked using her full name. That could be the only reason why she seems so happy and fixed herself up.

"Girl hush, don't be calling out my government name. The feds may hear you! Yeah I got me a new man. He sexy as hell, he can cook, he got money, a house, three cars, and a big di.."

"Mama stop! Stop being nasty. I don't need to know about none of your extra activities. So when am I going to meet this new man, but most importantly, why haven't I heard about him before."

"Because I didn't know if I was feeling him or not. I had to peep him out before I introduced yall. You will meet him tonight. We are getting a room at the Casino. My hands been itching all week so I know I'm going to win some money. I need you to watch Raymond tonight." She said while putting the greens in the pot to cook. I couldn't help but laugh at how my mama tried to talk so hip but for as long as I can remember, she has always been like this.

"Of course I can watch him mama." I heard little footsteps running down the stairs and I knew it was no one but Raymond.

"Mama!" He yelled running into the kitchen. He jumped into my arms and I hugged him tightly.

"Hey mama's baby. Have you been good for grandma?" I asked looking down into my son's beautiful hazel eyes. Man he looked so much like his daddy that it was scary.

"Yea I been good. Are you leaving again?" He asked looking sad.

"No baby, I am staying the night so we are going to have a party, with just me and you. We can stay up all night long and eat as much junk food as you want." I said. He cheered and jumped out of my arms, pulling my hand to follow him. 

No one besides my mother and other close family members, know I have a son. I'm not ashamed of him, things are just complicated. When I was three months pregnant I started bleeding so I went to the hospital. They told me that I was threatening to miscarry and I had to stay on bed rest. They kept me in the hospital for a week to keep a close eye on me. I switched my classes to online so I wouldn't fall behind. I told all of my friends that I was going out of town to help take care of a sick relative so they wouldn't try to check up on me. I can honestly say I was ashamed of being pregnant. I felt like a failure. I was suppose to have finished college, get married , and then have kids. I wanted to tell Rashad about his son for so long but I was just afraid he would reject him. I am tired of living this lie. I have to get it off of my chest. I know Destiny will be hurt that I never told her, but somethings are meant to be kept to yourself. I didn't want anyone passing judgement on me or my son.

I took my phone out and turned the camera on.

"Come here Raymond." I said to my son.

I pulled him onto my lap and took a selfie of us. I decided to do something I had been wanting to do forever.

I uploaded it onto every social media account I had with the caption, Me and my day one, my heart, my everything, my son. I pressed post and turned my phone off. Things are about to get crazy. 

Authors' Note: Kind of a filler chapter. So Sharese has finally told her darkest secret. She actually had a child with Rashad. He got like 20 kids now lol can you say baby mama drama. Comment and Vote. Oh and I just saw that Chapter 15 is private, Dont know why but you have to follow to read. Did NOT edit. At work doing this quickly for yall