Chapter Ten

Destiny

Its been two weeks since my baby shower and I have yet talked to Rashad. I guess he decided he wants to stay doing his family thing with Candice. I mean who am I kidding, I was just a one night stand. I can't really be mad. It's Saturday, my off day, and I'm chilling with my bestie Sharese. She called me the other day complaining about how I was neglecting her as a best friend so tonight we are having a girls night in. Eat junk food and watch horror movies, our favorite things to do together.

"Girl I miss hanging out with you. We haven't done this in forever." Sharese said while eating my world famous rotel.

"I miss it too girl. I just been so busy working at the hospital everyday. Just imagine how it's going to be when these babies get here." I said shaking my head. As ready as I am to have these kids, I'm scared as well. I'm going to have to take care of not one, but two babies on my own.

"I already know what you thinking. You know I got your back though right? I'm going to help you out as much as you need me to with the babies." Sharese said to me.

"Aww see that's why you my bestie. You always reading my mind. So, tell me about this new guy you seeing." I say while mashing up ruffles in my ice cream.

"Girl! Let me tell you about Keshaun! He so damn sexy! 6'4, dark chocolate, dreads, and a body out of this world! And the dick, whooo!" She got up and started dancing. Jumping up and down like she in church feeling the holy ghost.

"Girl I'm in love off the dick alone. He so sweet and kind. I'm really falling for him. He took me to meet his mama last weekend. She reminds me so much of your mom. She so cool. Yep, I'm most defiantly falling for him." Sharese said with a smile on her face. I love the fact that my best friend is happy. She really deserves it.

Around 3am, I was still awoke watching TV while Sharese was on the couch sleep when my text message alert went off.

'Who could possibly be texting me right now' I thought to myself.

'Are you awoke?' Was the message from an unknown number.

I texted back, 'yea... Who is this?'

A minute later, my phone started ringing. It was the number who sent me the text messages.

"Hello." I said into the phone.

"Hey, uh, sorry for calling you so late. This is Rashad."

My heart stopped for a second when he said his name. "Hello, are you there?" I heard him say.

"Yes I'm here. I never thought I would get a call from you, especially at three in the morning." I said low so I wouldn't wake Sharese.

"Yea, sorry about calling you so late. I just have had so much on my mind lately. Candice left me. She also told me the baby may not be mine."

I was shocked. "Wow, I don't know what to say. I'm sorry to hear that." I said generally concerned. "It's okay. I should have seen it coming. Lets not talk about that though, how have you been feeling?" He ask.

"I'm fine. Soooo ready to have these babies. I feel like I have been pregnant for ten years. Honestly, I'm a little scared about having them. I feel like I won't be enough for them." I say sharing a secret fear of mine.

"You shouldn't feel like that. I'm sure you will be a great mother. I will be here for you and my kids as well. I'm going to ask you something and I don't want you to take this the wrong way but I would like to have a paternity test done."

I wasn't shocked due to what Candice had pulled with him. "Sure, that's no problem." I replied. The phone was silent for awhile until he finally spoke.

"Well, I'm going to let you go. I will call you to check on you sometime this week. If anything happen with the babies just give me a call. Goodnight." With that, he hung up. I pulled my phone from my ear and looked at it.

"Did he really just hang up on me? Rude ass."

--------------

A month had passed since my first phone conversation Rashad. We talked here and there but nothing big. I was currently at work and my feet were killing me. Everybody was saying I should go ahead and go on maternity leave but I decided I want to work until I went into labor. I officially turned eight months yesterday and I was ready for this last month to past.

"Hey beautiful, how are you feeling today?" Dr. Owens asked me. He ask me everyday how I'm doing. Sharese thinks he has a crush on me but why would he want my big pregnant ass. He is the top surgeon at the hospital, has money, and he sexy as hell. A triple threat in deed.

"I'm ok, just been having a few pains today and I keep running to the restroom. Oh the life of a pregnant woman." I say laughing.

"You may need to go down to the maternity ward and let them check you. That sounds like the beginning stage of labor." Dr. Owens says with a serious face.

"I'm sure it's nothing Dr. Owens. The babies have been kind of calm today anyway. I think if I was going into labor they would be way more active." I say while rubbing my stomach.

"Destiny, as I have told you before, stop being so formal with me. Call me Trevor. Your going to be my wife one day so get use to saying it. If you are still having pains throughout the day promise me you will go get checked. Ok beautiful?"

Times like this I'm happy I'm not a red bone because my face would be red as hell. Trevor is always saying sweet stuff like this to me. I had to stop myself from playing with the bottom of my white uniform shirt, something I always do when I'm nervous.

"Okay, I will be sure to do that. Now go before they start paging you." As soon as the words left my mouth we heard, 'Dr. Owens to the E.R. Dr. Owens to the E.R.' over the intercom system. We looked at each other and laughed.

"Well, that's my cue. Page me if you need me beautiful." With that, he walked off. As the day progressed, my pains were a little more persistent but I just shrugged it off to nothing. My favorite nurse, Nurse Monica, walked over to me to share the hospital gossip. If you wanted to know anything that was going down in this hospital, nurse Monica was the person to go to.

"Hey hunny, are you still having pains?" She asked.

"Yea but it's not so bad." I lied. Truth be told, the pains were getting worse by the minute.

"Girl, this has been one uneventful day. Ain't nothing popping off."

As soon as the words left her mouth we heard, "Aaah! Somebody get me a got damn wheel chair." I looked up to see no one else, other than Candice. It's like when I saw her she saw me at the same time.

"You bitch! You fake ass bitch! You had me at your baby shower pretending like we were cool when the whole time you were fucking my man!" Candice yelled.

Now I'm not one to get ignorant in my place of work but for her to call me a bitch not once but twice, I was hot.

"Look, you are not about disrespect me at my job. I did not fuck your nigga. Y'all was not together when we were. Ain't shit fake about me bitch get it straight. Worry about yourself and who your baby daddy is ugly ass bitch."

We were yelling so much that they called security on us. As they were escorting Candice towards the maternity ward we were still yelling and cussing each other out and I kept hearing someone screaming my name.

"What!" I yelled. I turned to look at Monica and she had a horrified look on her face.

"Destiny baby, your bleeding." I looked down and my white scrub pants were now red from blood.

Authors' Note: finally got a chapter up. Kinda sucks but i wanted to upload. Comment and vote!