Chapter 20

Sharese

It's been a week since the incident with Rashad happened. I know I was wrong for hiding his son from him, but he had no right to put his hands on me. Since all of that happened, my son Raymond is attached to my hip. He won't let me go anywhere without him. One night he came into my room and climbed into bed with me. I asked him if he had a nightmare and he said, ' I have to be here to protect you mommy'. It broke my heart that my son's first time seeing his father was while he was choking me. Rashad has tried to get in contact with me but I just can't talk to him right now. I needed a break from everything and everybody for the moment. I sent Destiny a text letting her know I was going M.I.A. for a few days and would contact her when I was back in town. I didn't want her to worry about me like I knew she would. I just needed a break.

Destiny

I was waiting on Rashad to get here to see the girls for a minute. As much as I didn't want him over here, I knew he had a right to see his children. I sat back and thought about the week prior.

The day Rashad came over and acted an ass was suppose to have been my date night with Dr. Owens. After everything happened I didn't want to go out so I sent Trevor a text apologizing for cancelling on him and letting him know we could do it some other time. About an hour and a half later there was a knock on the door. I thought it was Rashad coming back to start more shit so I went to the door ready to cuss him out for having the balls to show back up to my house. When I pulled the door opened I was shocked to see Trevor Owens standing at my door with a picnic basket.

I softened the expression on my face and stared at him.

"Sorry for just popping up on you but I was really looking forward to our date.  I thought a nice picnic inside would be great if that's fine with you." Trevor said with a hoping look on his face.

I smiled at his nice attempt and moved aside so he could come in.

I can honestly say that this little date was way better than what we had planned before. We made a pallet on the floor and set up our picnic. He brought sub sandwiches, all types of fruit, cheese cake, and sparkling cider instead of wine since I was still breast feeding. We shared things with each other about our personal lives. I even told him about what happened earlier with Rashad. After our nice little picnic, we ended on the couch.

"Ooh Trevor, right there baby. Damn you doing that just right. This shit feels so good. Damn." I said as he massaged my feet. They were swollen and he volunteered to massage them. I couldn't turn it down. This man knew exactly what to do with his hands.

Around eleven he decided he was going to leave so I walked him to the door.

"I had a nice time with you tonight Destiny. I would love to take you out some other time when you are free." He said.

"I did too. I would love to go out with you again. I enjoyed chilling with you and I especially enjoyed that foot massage." I said while laughing.

"I will massage those pretty feet anytime you want. So, I didn't want to be rude by just doing so, so I'm going to ask. Can I kiss you?" Trevor asked.

I was a little reluctant to say yes but I nodded my head yes anyway. He has some big juicy pink lips and honestly, I was thinking all night how it would be to kiss him. He leaned in and I promise I felt butterflies. The kiss was long and sensual. I didn't want to pull away but I heard my babies crying through the baby monitor.

"Well, that was,-- nice." I simply stated with a smile on my face.

"It only gets better from here beautiful. I will call you tomorrow." He said before leaning in to give me another kiss and with that he left.

That was a week ago and I was still on cloud nine about it. Since that day, we have talked and texted every day all day long. I could defiantly see myself being with someone like him.

I heard my doorbell ring and I knew it was Rashad. I sighed and got up to open the door.

"Hey Destiny." Rashad said when I opened the door. I  just nodded him a whats up and led the way to the living room.

"I appreciate you for letting me see my children. I know what I did was wrong and I apologize for that but I want you to know I would never in my lifetime harm my children. I love them with everything in me. I know after what happened you look at me differently and I don't blame you. I fucked up big time but you can't deny that I am a great father. I hope you can find it in your heart to forgive me." Rashad said, while looking down the entire time.

"I have already forgiven you but I won't forget what you have done. I don't trust you around my children alone. You have a violent side to you that honestly scares me. You were so wrong for what you did to Sharese. Her son has been terrified since that happened. You really fucked up with that. How do you think he will accept you into his life now?" I asked.

Rashad sighed. "I would have never done it if I knew he was here. I feel bad that the first time my son saw me was while I was choking his mother. If I could take it back I would, but I can't. I just--." He began to say but was cut off to his phone ringing.

"Hold on I have to take this." Rashad said.

"Hey Candice what's up?" He spoke into the phone. I mentally rolled my eyes at her name.

"What! What happened!?" Rashad yelled as he jumped up.

"Ok, I'm on my way." He said as he hung up.

"Look, I got to go. My son was just in an accident and they are rushing him to the hospital." He said with tears in his eyes.

I gasped and held my chest. "Hurry up and go check on him Rashad. I will be praying for him." I said. I knew if I was in his predicament I would be crying. I cried like a baby when my daughters got their first shots, so I can't imagine how I would react if they got into an accident.

"Call me later and let me know how he is doing." I said as I walked him to the door. He looked at me and nodded with teary eyes before running to his car.

Authors' Note: Ok so here is a chapter. Doing this quickly at work for yall so excuse the mistakes. In the next chapter some things will be revealed. COMMENT AND VOTE lovely people :)