Chapter Twelve

Rashad

I lightly knocked on the door.

"Come in." I heard.

I slowly pushed the door open and walked in. The sight before me was so beautiful. I looked upon Candice holding the baby in her arms looking down at him lovingly. She looked up at me and smiled.

"Do you want to hold him?" She asked.

I walked over to her as she held the baby out to me. As I held him in my arms, I didn't feel any connection. He looked nothing like me.

"Candice, I want a DNA test done. When the doctor comes in ask them if they can do one."

She looked hurt when I said it but it's her own fault. She was the one who told me she was sleeping around and didn't know if the baby was mine or not. There was a light knock on the door and a doctor came in. He talked to Candice about some things and was headed out the door when I stopped him and asked if he could give us a dna test. He said he would send a nurse up to collect samples.

"So where is your little boyfriend?" I asked. I figured when I came in the hospital room he would be here.

"We're not together anymore. I was hoping that me and you could try to work things out. I know I messed up in the past but I'm ready to be serious in this relationship. We have a son together. We can be a happy family. Just give me another chance." Candice said with tears running down her face.

I wanted to go comfort her but I just couldn't. "I heard it all before Candice. When you first told me you were pregnant and I took you back and you fucked me over again. I can't lie and say I don't love you because I still do. I just can't jump head first in another relationship with you. Lets just see what comes from this DNA test and we will go from there."

She just nodded her head while looking down at her son. I felt my phone vibrating but when I took it out I had already missed the call but the red light was blinking indicating a voice mail. I hardly ever listen to voicemails but something was telling me to listen to this one.

"Hi Rashad, this is Destiny. I was just calling to let you know I had the babies earlier than expected. I know you are up here with Candice so when you get some time come see your daughters. Just give me a call back, alright, bye."

Candice

From the moment I held my son in my arms I knew he wasn't Rashads' baby. He looked just like Alex. I just needed Rashad to believe the baby was his so I could get money out of him. Alex was having issues with his family so money was tight until they straightened things out. We actually got married three weeks ago. I love him so much and will do anything to please him so we came up with a plan to get money out of Rashad. I already did the first step by making Rashad think I wanted him back. Now I have to do something about the DNA test. Rashad got a call and left shortly after. A nurse came in to take my son Alex back to the nursery so I could get some rest. I named my son after his father but he took my maiden name until we finished using Rashad. I got out of bed and made my way down to the third floor where they did all of the lab work. Thank God it was only one person here.

"Hey," I said walking up to him. I could tell I startled him because he jumped a little.

"Hey, what are you doing in here?" He asked taking in my appearance. Even though I just had a baby I looked great.

"Look, I'm going to get right to the point. I need a favor from you. I had a DNA test done on my son earlier and I need the results to come back that Rashad Alexander is the father. I will pay you five thousand now and another five thousand when we get the results back." I looked at him waiting on his answer.

"Sure." He said quicker than I thought he would. I thought I would have to drop to my knees to persuade him to fix the results. I gave him the money and we exchanged information. That was easier than I thought. I kind of felt bad for leading Rashad on but I would do anything for my son and my man. I texted Alex Sr. and told him the first half of our plan was done. Now we just have to sit back and wait for everything to fall into place.

Authors' Note: so here is a chapter for yall. You see Candice hasn't changed at all. She still trifling as hell. Not my best chapter but I'm sick while writing this. Any who, vote and comment.