Chapter 34

Rashad

It's been 14 long hours since the abduction of Carmen. My house was filled with family members and police officers. I was sitting on the couch with my face in my hands wondering who could have done this. Who hates us this much that they would take my child? The pain I was feeling was unbearable. I felt like breaking down but I knew I had to be strong for everyone else.

I looked around the room at the people who mean so much to Destiny and I. My father was holding my mother while she sat silently crying. Destiny's father was pacing the room back and forward while her mother was in our bedroom with her. I had given Destiny something to make her relax. She was so hysterical I thought she would hurt herself.

Detective Wertz, the head officer on our case, walked back into the house. I stood up to greet him hoping he had some news for us.

"Have you heard anything else?" I asked.

"I'm sorry but we haven't . We have checked all possible leads but nothing is coming up." He replied.

"Did you check out Trevor Owens and Sharese Alexander?"

"Yes Mr. Smith, we did. They both have an air tight alibi and people who can account for their whereabouts. I do have to be frank with you. When dealing with infant abductions we only have a 24 hour window that we have to work in. After 24 hours the chances of finding the child is slim to none." Detective Wertz said.

"So you mean I may not ever get my baby back?"

I turned around to see Destiny standing in the room. Her mother rubbing her back trying to console her.

"Is that what your saying?" Destiny asked with tears falling down her face instantly breaking my heart.

"I am saying that it's a slim chance. There have been five hundred kidnappings in this town this year alone and out of that five hundred only two hundred and three were found alive, two hundred and seven were found deceased, and the other ninety have yet to be found. People are taking children and selling them. That is what may have happen this time as well."

"So you really are saying I won't get my baby back." Destiny said barely above a whisper.

"It's a grim reality but we are using every resource we have to locate her. With her being the child of a prominent business man, we were expecting to get a ransom call by now. To be honest with you, I don't think you will receive one. The way they went about taking her is what we see in a lot of scenarios for people selling babies. They cut the wires in the alarm and shut down the power to the house. This was someone who has done this before." Detective Wertz explained.

I wanted to scream and punch somebody but I had to stay strong. I couldn't let Destiny see me break down. I had to be strong for her. In a strange way I would feel better if it was a ransom. I would pay any amount of money to get my daughter back, but people kidnapping to sell babies? That I couldn't take. If if was a ransom I still could get Carmen back but if someone took her to sell her, the odds of me ever seeing her again were zero to none.

-------

23 hours and 58 minutes. That's how long it's been since Carmen was taken. That leaves the police two minutes to find my daughter. Two minutes.

With my family being so known, it was all over the news. I had to turn off the TV because I couldn't bear it anymore.

I told my parents to go home and they took Charisma with them. I was so afraid that someone would come and take her from me as well.

I looked down at my watch. It had officially been twenty four hours. I walked to the bathroom and did the only thing left to do. I cried.

Trevor

23 hours prior

I sat in the hotel parking lot waiting on him to get here. I saw his black expedition pull up besides me. He jumped out the car and went to his backseat to retrieve the package and hurriedly got into my car.

"Do you have the money?" He asked, looking around the parking lot making sure we weren't being watched.

I pulled out the envelope containing $50,000 and handed it to him.

"Did she get a look at your face?" I asked.

"No, I cut the power." He replied.

"Good, good. If you get caught, you don't know me. We have never met before. You will be on your own." I said sternly.

"I know, the same for you. If you plan on getting out of the state, you should go now. I'm sure they will have road blocks up soon."

I nodded my head in agreement. "I know. Nice doing business with you." I said as he handed me the package and got out of the car.

I watched him drive off and disappear into traffic.

I looked down at a sleeping Carmen and smiled.

"You are going to make all of my dreams come true." I said looking at her sleep peacefully.

"Your mommy will be coming back to me soon and we will be one again. Too bad you won't be there."

Author's Note: One Chapter left!!!!

What do you think Trevor is going to do with Carmen?

There WILL be a part two. It will be called Aftermath.

What's yall ig names. I will follow back. mine is: grown_woman_iish

Excuse the mistakes!!!