Chapter 13

Rashad

I walked to the nurses station and asked which room Destiny was in. I got to her door and just stood there. I was beyond nervous about walking in to see her and my possible children. It was just now hitting me that there is a possibility that I may have three children. The good thing is that I can't never forget one birthday since they all were born on the same day.

I knocked on the door and heard a voice tell me to come in. When I walked in I felt like an animal at the zoo. All eyes were on me.

"Hello, it's good to see you all again."

I met Destiny's parents and aunts briefly at the baby shower when Justin introduced me to them. It was before I found out she was pregnant with my twins, so to meet now was awkward for me. They all greeted me with a simple hello. I couldn't blame them. I was basically a stranger to them.

I looked over to Destiny and she looked so beautiful. It seemed like her skin was glowing. She was holding both babies in her arms smiling down at them. I step closer and looked at them. They were the spitting image of me when I was a baby.

"May I hold them?" I asked.

She nodded yes and handed me one baby, then helped place the second baby in my other arm. As I got a grip on them they woke up and I looked into their beautiful eyes, identical to mine.

"What are their names?" I asked, never taking my eyes off of them.

"Carmen and Charisma McCoy." Destiny replied.

I can't lie and say I wasn't a little hurt that they didn't have my last name but I was basically still a stranger.

"Beautiful names for two beautiful dolls. Destiny, just by looking at them I know they are my children, but for legal reasons I would still like to have a dna test done." I said never looking up from the girls.

"A DNA test?!" One of Destiny's' aunts yelled out.

I honestly forgot they were in the room. I was so intrigued by these beauties I was holding that I forgot we weren't the only ones here.

"Aunt Rilla please." Destiny started before she was cut off.

"Aunt Rilla please nothing! He asking for a DNA test like you trying to get some money out of him. He act like he worth a million dollars or something coming in here talking about a damn dna test. Boy bye." She said while waving her hand at me like I was dismissed. I just laughed and shook my head. I was already expecting and outburst but I expected it to come from Destiny's' mother or father.

"Actually, I'm worth hundreds of millions. I just need it for legal reasons." I replied simply. I was not about to argue with some woman I didn't know.

"It's ok Rashad, you don't have to explain. I already asked the doctor to do a DNA test. Could everybody please give us a moment to talk?" Destiny asked her family.

They all nodded and left the room. I sat in the now empty chair beside her bed. Before I could get a word out, there came a knock at the door and the same nurse who swabbed my mouth for Candice's son, walked in with her kit. She looked amused when she saw me.

"Well I see we get around quite quick. I'm here to swab your and the babies mouths for the dna test. Since you already know what to do, I will start with you." She replied with a smirk on her face.

I just mugged the hell out of her and opened my mouth so she could hurry up and get the hell out. She did the same process with the twins and walked out but not before turning to smirk at me again.

"So, I take it that Candice had the baby. How is he?" Destiny asked, breaking the silence.

"He is fine. I got a DNA test done on him as well as I'm sure you could tell from the nurse." I said still a little annoyed at how unprofessional the nurse acted.

"Yea nurse Jackie is very messy. We used to work on the same floor but she caused too much drama so they moved her. So, did Candice tell you about the argument we had earlier?" Destiny asked.

I shook my head no and she proceeded to tell me the story. By the time she got to the end I was heated. Destiny and my babies could have died all because Candice came in starting shit. Hell, Destiny actually did die, twice at that.

"Look, I apologize on Candice behalf. She was out of line for coming at you like that. I will do what I can to help you out. I have to get to work but I can come back when I get off." I said looking into her eyes.

"Its fine. They are making me stay for a few extra days to make sure everything is ok with me health wise. Just give me a call if your coming." She replied. I bent over and kissed my beauties before leaving.

Authors' Note: kind of short but comment and vote 😊