Chapter 21

Rashad

I was doing 110 the whole way to the hospital just praying that my son was alright. When Candice called and said they had been in an accident and Alex was hurt I instantly started to panic. All kind of scenarios played out in my head of what the out come could be.

When I finally got to the hospital I jumped out of the car and ran to the receptionist desk to get some information. I was told to go to the third floor waiting room and await a Dr. Owens to find out what's going on with my son.

As I walked into the waiting room, I spotted Candice. She looked up at me with tears running down her face as I walked towards her. I didn't say anything, I just pulled her into a hug and we cried together. When I was finally able to speak I asked her what had happened.

"I was coming from the grocery store with Alex when this guy hit us. He ran through a red light and hit the passenger side of the car. Alex was in the middle in the back but the guy was driving one of those big heavy duty pick up so the impact was worse. There was glass everywhere and Alex got cut badly. My baby. My poor baby." Candice said before she started crying hysterically.

"He's going to be alright Candy. Just pray about it. He's a fighter just like his daddy." I said trying to stay strong for her, but I wanted to cry myself.

"There's Alex's doctor." Candice said as she stood up waiting on the doctor to get to us.

"Hi, I'm Doctor Owens." He said extending his hand for me to shake.

"Hi Dr. Owens, how is my son doing?" I asked

"He is a fighter but due to all of the glass that cut him, we will need to do a blood transfusion. It's quicker if we can get it from a parent." Dr. Owens replied.

"Ok, we will both donate because I don't know which of our blood type he has." I said.

Out of the corner of my eye I saw Candice and she had the look of fear on her face. I just chalked it up to her being afraid of what might happen to our son.

After they drew the blood from us, we sat in the waiting room just waiting to hear back from them. Candice cried herself to sleep so she was currently laying on my shoulder.

After a hour the doctor came back in with papers in his hand. I shook Candice awoke so we could know the next process to save our son.

"Which of us need to donate Dr. Owens?" I asked wasting no time to him to speak first.

He sighed before speaking. "Well, I don't know how to say this but neither of you can give him blood. You both are not a match."

"What do you mean we are not a match. That is our son. There must be some mistake." I said getting upset. I thought that they may have switched our son at birth. That would explain why he doesn't look like me.

"We ran the test three times. Candice is his mother but there is no way possible that you are the father." Dr. Owens said grimly.

I stood up looking back and forward between him and Candice.

"Candice, what does he mean I am not the father?" I yelled.

She had tears running down her face and while she took her phone out and dialed a number she said, "I'm sorry Rashad, but its true."

I was too lost for words. When I looked back at Candice she was on the phone and I almost lost it when I heard her conversation.

"Hey I'm in the third floor waiting room. Rashad is here too and he knows. Yea.--- They need you to give blood to save our son.---Ok, see you in a minute.--- I love you too."

All I could think was, this bitch really played me. If she thought I was going to leave before this other guy came, she was sadly mistaken.

Authors' Note: Sooooooo, short chapter but i'm trying to rush and do this for yall at work. Anywho, Rashad knows and ish bout to get real. Next chapter, his parents will be introduced and you may be a little shocked to find some things out. Comment and Vote people! -- Not Edited.