Chapter Eight

Destiny

I sat there just staring at him. He was even sexier than I remembered.

"Sooooo.... How have you been?" I ask to make small talk.

"Um, I'm ok. Just let me know, are you pregnant with my babies? I did the math in my head and it adds up." Rashad said sweating bullets.

"Yes." Was all I could say with my head down feeling ashamed. I couldn't make myself look up at him and see the disappointment in his face.

"Why didn't you let me know?" He asked in a slightly angered tone.

"Let you know? How could I let you know when I didn't even know your name let alone your phone number?" I say getting slightly heated. I mean he can't be serious with that question.

"I don't know. You could of asked someone at the party who I was or something." I couldn't do nothing but look at him like he had three heads.

"Ask somebody? Right, so I would just ask around to people who were at the party and be like 'Excuse me, do you by any chance know the guy who I just had a one night stand with that I knew absolutely nothing about?' Yea right like that would happen. I honestly did not think I would see you again but trust me when I say that if I knew how to find you I would have. I have been going through everything on my own. It would have been nice to have someone other than my family here for me. I honestly have got accustomed to being by myself so if you don't want to step up it's fine with me."

Rashad

I stood there listening to everything she said.

"How could you think I wouldn't want anything to do with my children? You seem like a smart girl but what you just said was dumb as hell. I am going to be here for my children no matter what. I apologize for not being here while you were dealing with the pregnancy on your own but I knew nothing about it. Now that I know about it I will do everything you need me to do." She was about to speak until we heard Candice big ass mouth.

"Please don't say nothing to my girlfriend. I need to be the one to tell her. Plus, I don't want her to ruin your shower by trying to kill me." I say with a small smile trying to lighten the mood. Destiny just gives me a nod yes.

"Baby I hate to cut this short but is it ok if we go because I'm having sharp pains and I just want to go lay down." Candice says while walking over eating food from her plate.

"Um yea baby that's fine." I replied.

"Destiny thank you so much for inviting us to your baby shower. The food is on point girl!" Candice says bending down to hug Destiny.

"Oh it was no problem. Make sure you take a plate or two girl. I hope you feel better hun." Destiny says with a smile on her face.

"Ok thanks, Justin can you show me where the aluminum foil is please?" Candice asks turning to Justin.

"Sure thing pregnant lady. Just use me." Justin says with a smile on his face to Candice. As they walk away I take out my phone.

"Here, put your number in my phone so we can stay in touch." I say handing my phone to Destiny. After she puts her number in and give me back my phone Candice and Justin walk back up to us. Justin had a look on his face like he saw Destiny hand me my phone back.

"Ok baby I'm ready now. Thanks again for inviting us and Justin thanks for helping me with the food." Candice says to Destiny and Justin.

"No problem." They say at the same time. "Alright Justin I will see you at work and Destiny I hope you like the gifts we got you." I say taking the food out of Candice hands.

"Thank you guys. Have a great day. Candice get you some rest." Destiny says as we walk off.

"That was a nice baby shower. Destiny was cool too." Candice says when we are in the car. I wonder if she will feel the same way when I tell her Destiny is pregnant with my kids.

Authors' Note: Ok here is a little update. Its 4am and I'm about to call it a night. Comment and vote!