Chapter Two

Destiny

It’s finally graduation day and I couldn’t be happier. After I walk across the stage, it will be the beginning of my brand new life into adulthood. It’s been a month and a half since the party and everything is still a blur to me. All I can remember is someone coming into the room I laid down in upstairs. I looked up into the sexiest hazel eyes I had ever seen.

“Sorry, I didn’t know anyone was in here”, he said to me.

“That’s ok, I was just trying to sober up some and get away from the noise”, I said getting up from the position I was laying in. I walked to the door where he stood. It was something about him that made me stop in my tracks. He looked in my eyes and started kissing me. I mean a deep kiss, and from there everything else was history. When I woke up it was 4 in the morning and he was gone. I sighed and got up. I can’t believe I just did that, I thought to myself. I checked my phone and I had a text from Sharese saying that she had left with the guy that had been in her face earlier. Typical Sharese. I got up and left the house still not believing that I actually just had a one night stand. I never saw myself as that kind of girl but the liquor had me on a whole other level. Oh well, ain't nothing I can do about it now. I’m sure I will never see him again anyway. It’s too late to change things now.

That was a month ago and today was my graduation day. I was feeling like I was going to throw up as we lined up to walk out to our seats. I just chalked it up to being afraid of walking across the stage in front of everyone. It was always a fear of mine that I would fall on my face and make a fool of myself. When I walked across the stage and the Dean called out my name, ‘Destiny Renae McCoy’ I heard a roar of applause. All of my family was here for my big day and I couldn’t be more excited.

“We out this bitch”, Sharese yelled to me after the graduation.

All of the graduates turning in their gowns and saying their last goodbyes. All of the sudden I got the feeling that I was going to throw up. I ran to the bathroom and threw up everything from my stomach. I felt somebody pulling my hair back for me while rubbing my back.

“Oh sweetie are you alright”, Sharese asked me. I went to the sink to rinse my mouth out.

“I have been feeling sick all day”.

“Um bitch is you pregnant?’’ I stopped in my tracks and looked at her.

“Shit, I haven’t came on this month.” I said getting scared.

“Call your parents and tell them we will meet them at the restaurant so we can go get a test.” Sharese ordered.

I called my mom and she was agreed so that they could go ahead and get the table. When we got to the drug store we asked the cashier for a pregnancy test. After we paid for it I immediately went to their restroom to take the test. When the results came back positive I almost cried. I literally just graduated college, I can’t be pregnant.

Authors’ Note: Ok so this is just a filler chapter. The next will be better I promise. Just had to get her finding out she was pregnant out. Like and comment!