Chapter 14

Destiny

It had been two weeks since I gave birth to the two most beautiful babies in the world. After seven days in the hospital I was finally released. I would have gotten out earlier but my blood pressure kept dropping so they wanted to keep watch over me. Today is the day I have been waiting on for so long. Today is the day my babies are coming home. Excitement was most defiantly an understatement. I couldn't help but smile as Sharese and I drove to the hospital. She is going to stay with me for the next few weeks to help out with the twins. She is the definition of a best friend. I don't know what I would do without her. Raising one new born is hard enough but two was going to be hectic.

After I signed the necessary paperwork for my daughters we were finally headed home. Carmen was asleep but Charisma was wide awoke looking around at all of the things foreign to her.

"I'm so happy my god-daughters are finally able to come home with us! I can finally spoil them like I've been wanting to do. Does Rashad know they are coming home today?" Sharese asked while turning into my apartment complex.

"Yea he said he will come over when he gets off. Can you stop at the mailbox so I can check to see if I had any new mail." I asked Sharese.

She nodded and headed towards them. Truthfully I was waiting on the paternity test to come. Rashad called me yesterday and told me Candice received hers and it turns out he is the father of her baby. I was shocked because I saw a picture of her baby and he looks nothing like Rashad but results don't lie so hey, its nothing he can do but be a great father to his son. As I pulled the mail out I finally came across the letter I had been waiting on. I was nervous as I ripped open the letter. I knew Rashad was the father but it was something about actually holding the paper in your hand that tells if your beliefs are accurate or not. I read the results and smiled while folding the paper up and placing it back in the envelope. I got back in the car unaware that I was still smiling.

"So I'm guessing he is the baby daddy from the way you are smiling." Sharese said with a smirk on her face.

"Of course he is. I never doubted that. I'm just happy I got my results so that bitch Candice can shut the fuck up. I still can't believe she had the nerve to text my phone calling my babies some bastards talking about Rashad aint they daddy and I'm a home wrecking whore. Mane if I see her I'm going to straight go in on her ass. I'm going to make sure I hit that hoe in her mouth for fixing her lips to call my babies some bastards." I was still hot at the situation.

She can have beef with me but the moment she brought my children up in it, I was through. We were getting the kids out of the car and now walking into the apartment.

"Girl I remember that day. It took everything in me to calm you down. They even had to give you a sedative. But trust, she gon get hers."

Rashad

I was on my way to Destinys' house to see my daughters. She texted me earlier saying that she got the results back and I was the father. I didn't need results to tell me that. My twins were just that, my twin. They looked just like me. The thing I'm stuck on is the fact that Candice son is my son. The results can't be a lie so I have a son and two daughters to support now. I parked my car and grabbed the four large bags of clothing, toys, diapers, wipes, and other things I thought my daughters may need, and made my way towards the apartment.

I knocked on the door and waited for someone to answer. Destiny's friend Sharese opened the door. I took in her appearance. She still look as sexy as the first time I met her three years ago at a college party. We hooked up a few times but we just lost contact some way or another. I doubt she has told Destiny about it but I don't blame her. Hell I won't say anything if she won't.

Destiny came from behind Sharese and asked who was at the door. I took it upon myself to go ahead and walk in since Sharese just stood there fucking me with her eyes.

"Daddy brought gifts." I said holding up the bags.

Authors' Note: ok so this is kind of short but now we got a new lil secret out. Sharese and Rashad knew each other from back in the day. You think she is wrong for not telling Destiny? They are suppose to be best friends.