Chapter Eleven

Destiny

I was rushed into a room to get checked out. They told me I had to have an emergency c-section. My blood pressure was dropping dangerously low and if they didn't perform it soon my babies wouldn't make it and I could die as well. I was so pissed about everything. As much as I wanted to blame everything on Candice, I knew it was mainly my fault. Way before Candice even showed up I was having pains. I should have stopped being so stubborn and got checked out earlier. Maybe all of this could have been avoided. If my babies didn't make it I would never forgive myself. I started crying uncontrollably at the thought and I heard all of the machines beeping erratically and then everything went black.

 Mama Roxanne

I was at the nail shop with my sisters getting a fill in and a new color. We were laughing talking about how wild we were when we were younger. My phone was ringing but my nails weren't dry yet and I didn't want to mess them up by digging in my purse for my phone. When it kept ringing for five minutes straight I knew something was wrong. When I pulled my phone out and saw Destiny work number pop up I became extremely worried. She always call from her cell phone so I knew it had to be something bad.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Hi Mrs. McCoy, this is Monica, I work with Destiny. I was calling to let you know that she was just rushed into an emergency c-section and last I checked things weren't going to great. Can you please come to the hospital right now?"

As the words rushed out her mouth I just froze.

"Hello? Are you there?" I heard her say.

"I'm on my way!" I yelled into the phone jumping up. "What's wrong?" My sisters asked simultaneously.

"Destiny has to have an emergency c-section. We have to go now!" I yelled.

I prayed the whole way to the hospital. I prayed for my daughter and her unborn children, my grand babies. I just kept thinking about Monica saying that things weren't going great. I was so scared of all the things that could mean. I called my husband and told him what happen. He said he would meet us at the hospital. As we got out the car, I looked up and saw my husband parking his car. 'Damn he got here quick.' I thought to myself.

"Charles!" I yelled to him. He rushed over to me.

"Have you heard anything new?" I shook my head no as tears freely fell down my face. We walked in towards the front desk to see where Destiny was now. I saw a young man at the front desk already.

"Can you tell me what room Candice Moore is in?" I overheard him ask. The nurse was typing on her computer then looked back up at him.

"Yes, she is in the maternity ward on the ninth floor room three." As she was speaking I was looking at the young man and he looked so familiar. I just couldn't place where I knew him from.

"Mrs. McCoy?" I heard my name being called. I turned around and saw Monica walking up to us.

"Monica where is Destiny? Is she alright? Can we see her?" I asked in one breath.

"She is on the ninth floor. They are about to take her to her room but the doctor wants to talk to you before you see her." Monica said as we walked to the elevator. When we got upstairs Monica went to get the doctor. A doctor came our way and I prepared myself for the worse.

"Hello, I'm Dr. Johnson. I preformed the c-section on Destiny. While doing so, we had to revive her twice. We just put her in her room. She should wake up soon but she will be in a lot of pain. The babies are fine. Of course they are premature and under weight so we are running test and will have to keep them here until they gain the appropriate weight." Dr. Johnson said.

"You said you had to revive her, so she died?" My husband Charles asked.

"Yes sir she did, twice. The second time was more hectic but she is a fighter." Dr. Johnson said with a smile.

After thirty minutes of waiting, we were finally able to go into the room. Destiny was still sleep when we walked in the room. I went over to my baby and brushed her hair from her face. She stirred a little and then opened her eyes.

Destiny

I opened my eyes and saw my mother looking down at me lovingly. Suddenly, everything that happened earlier came back to me. I instantly sat up.

"Where are my babies?" I yelled with my hands on my stomach.

"Calm down Destiny, they are ok. The doctors are just running a few test on them since they are premature." My mom said while trying to get me to lay down. My father came to my side and kissed my forehead.

With tears in his eyes he said, "We thought we had lost you. The doctor said they had to revive you twice. I'm so happy you are ok." It brought tears to my eyes to see my father cry. The only other time I had ever seen him cry was when my grandmother died. I was shocked when he said they had to revive me twice. Right now I just wanted to see my babies.

"Did they tell you the sex of the babies?" I asked curiously.

"No, we didn't think to ask. We were so worried about you that we forgot." My father said. There was a light knock on the door and Monica stuck her head in.

"I have two beauties out here wanting to see you." She said with a huge grin on her face. She opened the door wider and pushed in two of the most beautiful babies I ever laid eyes on. I couldn't help but to cry. I was so happy they were finally here and they were ok. "Say hello to your daughters." Monica said while placing them in my arms.

"We got the test back and they are perfectly healthy, just a little under weight. The cutie in your left arm weight 4 lbs 3oz and the cutie in your right arm weight 4lbs 5oz. They probably just have to stay for two weeks at the most. Any idea on the names yet?"

I looked down at them and smiled. "Yes. My little beauty on the right name will be Carmen Tranae McCoy and my little beauty on the left will be Charisma Renae McCoy." I said looking at how beautiful they were. They looked just like me with their curly jet black hair. With all the commotion they started to wake up. When they opened their eyes I instantly thought of Rashad. They both had the same piercing hazel eyes.

"I have got to call their father. I need to call Rashad." I said aloud.

"That's who that was!" My mom yelled.

"What are you talking about?" I asked confused.

"When we walked in I saw a guy at the information desk. He looked familiar but I couldn't place where I knew him. Its the same guy from the baby shower. The one you told us about. He was looking for some girl Cindy or something like that." My mom said taking Carmen from me.

"Oh yea, Candice came in earlier in labor. He must be here for her." I proceeded to tell them about the events that lead up to me giving birth. By the end of the story, my mom and aunts were ready to beat some ass. I love how down my family is. I took out my phone and dialed Rashads' number. He didn't answer so I just left a voice mail.

"Hi Rashad, this is Destiny. I was just calling to let you know I had the babies earlier than expected. I know you are up here with Candice so when you get some time come see your daughters. Just give me a call back, alright, bye."

Authors' Note: ok so here is a chapter. Destiny finally had the babies! Not really feeling the chapter but I wanted to update. Comment and vote!