Chapter 30

Destiny

It has been two days since my altercation with Trevor and I was still pissed. Never in a million years would I have thought that he would put his hands on me. I know I was wrong for cheating with Rashad but that doesn't give a man the right to put his hands on a woman.

I have been staying with Rashad every since. I decided the best thing for me to do was quit my job at the hospital. I couldn't stand the thought of running into Trevor. I had been thinking of finding another place to work for awhile now, even before things went south with Trevor. I was tired of the long hours that came with being a hospital nurse. I hated being away from my daughters for so long, so the fight with Trevor just gave me the extra push I needed to quit my job. When I called my boss, she was sad to let me go but she said she understood things happen so she wouldn't worry about the two week notice I didn't put in.

Rashad was ecstatic that I wasn't working. He loved the fact that I was at his home everyday. Honestly, I really like being around him.

"You thinking about me?" Rashad said as he walked into the living room.

"No." I replied biting my bottom lip.

"Stop lying."

"What makes you think I'm lying?" I asked.

"Every time you lie, you bite your bottom lip. It's your tell." He said as he sat next to me.

"You think you know me but I know your tell too. You always scratch your head when you are lying." I said with a smirk.

Rashad smiled at me showing his pearly whites. "Aww my baby be watching me trying to figure me out. That's so cute."

"Since when did I become your baby?" I asked curiously.

"The day you had my daughters, and for sure when you finally gave it up to me again." He replied laughing.

I reached over and slapped his shoulder. "You didn't have to put it like that! Making me feel like I'm a hoe or something." I said pouting.

"Nawl you not a hoe, but your friend is." He said instantly pissing me off at the mention of my 'friend'.

"That bitch is not my friend. I can't believe she would have the nerve, no, have the audacity, to talk to Trevor about me and you. I promise the next time I see her I'm gon beat her ass. Fake ass hoe ass bitch." I ranted.

"Whoa whoa calm down D." Rashad said.

"Sorry, I just can't believe she was somebody who I use to call my friend. We were like sisters and she let some dick come between us." I said getting heated again.

"Well, to her defense, I am know to have females sprung off the D." Rashad said and I just looked at him with his goofy ass grin on his face.

"Yea, you do seem to attract crazy chicks. I mean look at Candice, she was so crazy for you she tried to trap you with a baby that wasn't yours. Sharese hoe ass was so crazy for you that she turned on her best friend." I said shaking my head.

"Well we aren't going to bring up the past. But while you are talking about them, I wonder when you are going to be acting crazy over me?"

"That will never happen. I love you but I can't see myself going crazy over you like they have." I said as I looked up at Rashad who had a funny look on his face.

"What?" I asked.

"Destiny Renae McCoy, did you just say you love me." Rashad asked with an amused look on his face.

I mentally slapped myself. I can't believe I actually said that. "Uh, I don't know what your talking about." I said standing up from the couch heading to the kitchen.

Rashad pulled my arm forcing me back to him. "Yes you do. You said you love me."

I sighed. "Ok I said it but it's not like that."

"What is it like then?"

"Umm, well, I don't know." I said breaking away from him. I did not mean to tell him so soon.

"Well, I love you too." Rashad said shocking me.

"Rashad, you don't have to say it just because I did."

"I'm not. I been feeling some type of way about you for a minute now. That nigga Trenton was always in your face so I couldn't do anything. I promise if you give me a chance I can show you how much you mean to me."

I smiled. "I would really like that."

Author's Note: Ok so I finally have an update! I honestly have had writter's block and still do so excuse the crappy chapter.

Soooo they finally said I Love you!

The next chapter will be better and more interesting.

COMMENT AND VOTE LOVELY PEOPLE!