Chapter 26

Destiny

After Trevor left, I called Sharese over so that we could have a drink or two. I just needed to relax and some one to vent to.

"So he already told you he loves you?" Sharese said as she drunk her Cranberry and Vodka.

"Girl yes. I mean, I have strong feelings for him, I just don't love him. My life is already complicated so why add love to it?" I said while pouring myself another glass of 1800 Margarita.

We had been talking about my current situation for the past thirty minutes and it was starting to give me a headache. Or maybe it's the liquor. I have almost drunk the whole bottle by myself. "So enough about me, what's been going on with you?" I asked.

"Girl same ol shit. Oh, me and Rashad went on a date." She said quickly.

I damn near choked on my drink. "A date?"

"Yea, he took me out to eat and we caught a movie afterwards." She replied.

I couldn't help but feel a little twinge of jealousy. Why though? I had a sexy ass doctor. Why would I be tripping over Rashad and Sharese dating?

"That's what's up. As long as you happy, I'm happy." I said with a half smile.

"I'm glad you said that. We are having a movie night at his place tomorrow night. Shit, hopefully I can get me some. I ain't had none in a good lil minute."

"I feel you on that." Was all I could say. I had to get up and walk in the kitchen because I wanted to hit her ass. Who did she think she was to say she was gonna get some from my baby daddy. I mean yea, he is her's too but still.

The rest of the night, I was a little on edge. Every time Sharese brought up Rashad's name I would cringe. I didn't like the fact that they were happy. I guess some part of me wanted him. I ended up falling asleep on the couch shortly after Sharese left.

I heard the front door nob fidgeting a little like someone was trying to get in, making me alert instantly. I stood up and grabbed the nearest thing to me for protection, an umbrella. When the door opened, I yelled and started hitting the intruder.

"Damn Destiny stop!" Rashad yelled.

"Rashad?! What the hell are you doing trying to break into my house?" I yelled.

"I wasn't trying to break in, there was a key sticking in your key hole. Of all things, why use a umbrella for protection."

"It fucked up up didn't it?" I said as I watched him rub his arm that I continually hit.

"Yea whatever. You need to be more careful with where you leave your keys Destiny. What if I really was an intruder? Your little ass and my daughters could have really been hurt."

"That is not my key." I said as I walked over to the key dish on my table. I picked up my keys and held up the house key. "See, here's my key, I'm not that careless." I said.

"Then where did this key come from?" Rashad asked.

"I don't know, but this shit is starting to get scary."

"You need to get your locks changed today." Rashad said sternly.

"Ok daddy." I said sarcastically.

"Ooh, I like it when you call me daddy." Rashad said with a smirk.

"Boy bye, ain't nobody got time to be playing with you. Plus I bet you like it when Sharese call you daddy better." I said bitterly.

"Is that jealousy I hear in your voice?" Rashad said walking closer to me.