Chapter Six

Rashad

I woke up to the smell of bacon and eggs. I guess Candice is home I thought to myself while getting out of the bed. I went to the bathroom to relieve myself and wash my face. As I was coming down the stairs I could hear Candice on the phone arguing with someone but when she looked up and saw me she abruptly hung up.

"Good morning sleepy head I made you breakfast." She said with a way too pleasant smile on her face.

"It looks normal, it may not be poisoned." I say moving my fork around the food. Candice has been acting a little bitchy lately so its kind of odd for her to be nice to me.

"Don't get smart nigga." Candice says with her hand on her hip.

"I'm just playing baby. Oh did you pick up the gift for the baby shower?" I ask with a mouth full of bacon.

"Yeah I got her a couple of matching outfits and a lot of diapers and wipes. You can never have enough of them and lord knows she is going to need them with twins. Thank you Jesus for letting me only be pregnant with one baby." She says looking up at the ceiling with her hands together like she praying.

"Yeah you right but I feel bad for her because she got to take care of two kids on her own."

"Where her baby daddy at?" Candice asked.

"Her brother didn't give me the details, he just said the baby daddy is not involved at all." I replied.

"Um, sounds to me like she was being a lil hoe. Then again, y'all niggas ain't shit now a day so she probably fucked with a lame nigga. Oh well." Candice says washing the dishes.

"You still going with me to the baby shower?" I asked.

"Hell yea! All them thirsty hoes gone be there looking you upside yo head trying to get with you. Ya damn skippy I'm coming!" Candice say while putting up the last dish. I just laughed at her and got up from the table to head upstairs and get ready.

Destiny

I'm so happy today is my baby shower! I think I'm more excited about all the food we have. This is a pregnant woman's dream. There are so many people here. Family I haven't seen in forever is here to support me. Everything is decorated in a beautiful purple and white. My mom and aunts really out did themselves. I walked around greeting everyone while eating some hot wings.

"Hey sis, how are you enjoying your baby shower?" My brother Justin asked while hugging me.

"I am loving it! It feels good to know all of these people are here for me and my babies. So where is your new friend?" I asked.

"He should be here soon. He is coming with his girlfriend. She's pregnant too." Justin says.

"Oh ok cool." I said slightly disappointed. I want to meet a nice guy but who am I kidding. I am pregnant with twins by a man whose name I don't even know. I haven't even had sex since that night. That mixed with my raging pregnancy hormones is unbearable. It's only so much a girl can do for herself if you know what I mean. I started eating a cupcake which was so delicious! I am so addicted to cupcakes now.

"Hey Rashad!" I hear my brother yell.

I was starting on my second cupcake so I wasn't paying attention to the two figures that walked up to me and my brother. When I looked up, I looked into the most beautiful pair of hazel eyes I had ever seen. The same eyes I have been dreaming about.

Authors' Note: Cliffhanger! So i see a lot of people are reading and I appreciate that.... But I will not post again until I get some likes or comments on the story.