Chapter 2: Trip To London

"When I tell them that I'll rule the throne, I will. There is no going back to it. Not even the prince shall stop me from doing so."

*May 1999*

N I C H O L A S

I opened the carriage and helped my master to carry his stuff. I carried the heavy suitcase that my master packed along with mine as we walked towards the front door. We received a letter from the queen, requesting us to stay a week at London.

Though, we didn't intentionally knew that the twins would be there, waiting for us.

As the servants opened the door, a young girl — probably a bit younger than the earl — came right toward us. Her hair was twirled into curls and I already knew that she was excited to see Augustus. She ran towards my master first, her hands were on the sides of her dress to keep her from tripping.

"Oh Augustus, my darling! There you are!" the princess said as she hugs him with open arms. Of course, due to the sudden outburst, my master looked shocked and quickly tried to pry her away from him. I saw him pushing the princess a bit far away from him while trying not to look offensive.

Of course, I never would've thought that the princess would be like this to the young master. Especially when he had just arrived.

As I set the suitcases down the floor, I heard my master yelling at me.

"Bloody hell! Nicholas, get the princess off me!" he ordered as I saw him glaring at me. I then bowed before answering.

"Yes, my lord." before I could even try to pry them away from each other, the princess called me off. I struggled getting my master out of the princess' death hug as she kept hitting me on the head with her hands.

Knowing I couldn't possibly pry them away, I tried to get the princess instead. The only problem is, she was much more stronger. She tightens her grip as I struggled to pull her away.

"No Nicholas! By the order of the princess, let me go!" she yelled as she then kept hitting me with her hand. I then let her go as she hugs the lord much more tighter than before. The young master glared at me as he tries to pry away the girl once more before failing.

"Nicholas, I order you to pull her away from me!" my master yelled once again as I stood there, watching the scene infront of me.

"I am the princess! You should obey me!" the princess said as I saw my master glaring at me.

"I am your master Nicholas! Do as I say!" I sighed as I pulled the princess away. Knowing that she was about to be pulled away from tbe young master, she quickly huffed and slapped me. The sickly sound echoed the room as the maids and servants gasped at the sudden action.

I never actually thought the slap would sting. For a princess, she was a hard slapper.

As I put a hand on my cheek, I then heard a loud footsteps coming from the stairs. It sounds like someone was clicking their shoes along the castle floor tiles. I looked up, seeing the prince looking down at us. He stared at us before looking at his sister with a questioning look.

"What is this mess? Navii, what have you done?" the prince asked sternly as he crossed his arms.

The prince was never like his sister. He was very dominant. He would always be in charge and would always be the one to keep an eye out. Even though they were twins, they weren't much alike. I wouldn't really ask since he was much more older than Princess Navii.

"Brother, I was just — " she then got interrupted.

"Silence. Go to your room Navii. Do not disrespect the earl and his butler," he said as he points to her room far down the hall. Before the princess could storm off, I could see the princess glaring at me. Her footsteps and the slamming of the door echoed the castle.