Chapter 5: Obsession

Augustus' Pov

Augustus' Pov

"What's her name Augustus?" Brice asked me as he stood up.

"I don't know," I answered as I looked at him and crosses my arms.

I was telling the truth yet he gives me a bloody smirk. I just met the girl and he's here, trying to bust some bloody information about her.

"I told you, I don't know her-"

"Nicholas! Are you here?" I could hear someone opening the door. I turned around and the girl quickly gasp.

"Anne, come here," Brice mentions her to come over as she carefully walks up to him.

I looked back at Brice and he gave me a smile.

"Is this the girl?" Brice asked me as the girl stared at me in confusion. I sighed and shook my head, trying to act like she wasn't the one.

"No," I said as I quickly fixed my gloves since they were a little bit messy.

He just gave me a smirk. I really hate him.

For a prince, you are very quite nosy and annoying. I gave him a fake smile and tried to walk towards the door.

He quickly threw a dagger on the door and it flew past me, a little inches above my head.

"Where do you think you're going Augustus? I haven't told you to go out yet, did I?"

"I didn't hear you telling me to follow your orders, right Brice?"

"Anne, go and find Nicholas. I have some important things to do," I heard Brice told Anne off as she quickly scurries away.

I turned around and drew my sword. He drew his and approaches me slowly.

"Look Augustus, I don't like you walking towards Anne-"

"Why? Do you like her?"

"No, she's like my little sister. I don't like you being near her-"

"Why? Tell me Brice. Why don't you like me near her? Because you're afraid that I'll hurt her? Is that it?" I said as I quickly pointed my sword on his neck.

He quickly withdrew it away from him as he also points the sword on my throat.

"If this is what you want Augustus, I won't hold back," he said as I gave him a smirk.

"Try me,"

Anne's Pov

I quickly ran from the scene and try to find Nicholas. I looked around but there weren't any sign of him.

I knew what Brice meant "important things to do" He had told me that before. It was a sign of misunderstanding or war.

"N-Nicholas! Where are you? Please! I need to talk to you!" I tried to yell but all came out was a whimper.

I kneeled and cried my eyes out. I can't even do anything right. I could've stayed back there but all I did was ran.

I'm hopeless.

"Anne, are you alright my lady? I'm sorry for leaving you," I could feel someone hugging me.

Warmth. Love. Happiness.

That's what I felt.

I quickly hugged back as I cried.

"N-Nicholas, Brice, they-" I said as I quickly got interrupted.

"Augustus, this needs to stop!"

"You were the one who started this! I will not stop until I settle this score,"

"There is no score! This is not a game!"

"It is. You want to know what game this is? It's Life and Death!"

I could still hear the clashing of the swords and something fragile breaking into pieces.

Nicholas looked at me and quickly stood up. He gave me his hand and I quickly myself up.

Nicholas quickly went towards Brice's study and opened the door. I peeked in and saw Brice, pointing his sword at Augustus who was laying down the floor.

"My lord," Nicholas said as I ran towards Brice and looked at his cut.

It was pretty deep and it would surely leave a mark. All I saw to Augustus was slices and scars from Brice's sword.

I quickly grabbed a medical kit and helped clean Brice's cut as Nicholas helps his master up.

Augustus limped himself outside as Nicholas followed with some bandages, antiseptic and a cloth.

"What happened Brice? Why did you guys fight? Was it because of me?" I looked at him worringly as he quickly lays his head on mine.

"I won't let him get you"

"Huh?"

"Promise me Anne. Promise me that you'll stay away from that mad man. He's insane," Brice told me as he lets me cleans his cut.

It wasn't infected though, which was good.

Nicholas' Pov

I followed my lord as he stomped and paced around the room.

"Master, let me-"

"No. I will be fine on my own," he said as he grabs the cloth and tries to clean his wounds.

Well, tries.

"Young master, you should simply-"

"I said no. When will you get that? Is that too hard to understand?" He told me as he scoffs and continued.

"No my lord," I said as I went outside to leave him be.

I saw Anne closing the door behind her and waved at me. I quickly waved back and walk towards her. She simply smiled as I gave her another rose.

"Nicholas, may I ask you something?"

"Yes, my lady,"

"Are you picking the roses in our garden?" She said as she giggles.

I bowed my head down and smiled.

"No, my lady. It was really mine. My mother has a stock on my old home," I said as I tried not to think about my mom as much as I could.

She nodded and smiles.

"I'm really excited to meet your parents. Especially your mother. She seems kind,"

"It appears you're not going to meet them anytime," I said as I twirled another rose on my fingertips.

"Hmm? Why so?" She asked me.

I tried to answer her question as I just shut it back. I can't tell her. I don't want to remember them suffering. I dropped the rose to the floor and looked at the ground.

"Nicholas?"

"Would you excuse me? I need some time alone," I said as I quickly walked away.

I could hear her calling my name but I dismissed it.

Mother, Father, I'm so sorry.

I will avenge your death soon.