Chapter 28: Talk with "Him"

Azaila's Pov

I walked outside, thanking Navii as she waves goodbye. The dress fits me perfectly and it was utterly beautiful. The way it flowed below my knees was comfortable enough.

I then walked inside, seeing a Brice, stressed out and a little bit tense because of what happened earlier. I couldn't blame him though. I did wear a too revealing dress, making him a bit insane out of his mind.

I swiftly walked to him and hugged him as he flinches at my touch. He blinked, staring at me for a few seconds then looks away like I wssn't there. "Brice? Are you okay? You seem tense," I said as he quickly looks at my outfit and sighed in relief.

He quickly stood up and hugged me tightly, not wanting to let go. "Finally," he said as he kisses my forehead. I blushed, knowing that he wouldn't let me go. I tried to pull away but he would just hug me tighter and tighter than before. There wasn't any escape route so far. I sighed and hugged back.

Silence erupted as we hug. No birds, no bugs nor bees. Just us two. Not even Nicholas, Quincy, Navii or Augustus to bother us. Not yet perhaps. Though, I quickly heard someone whistling and humming outside the hallway. Seems like a song but I couldn't quite hear it clearly.

Called it.

"My lord?" He asked as we pulled away, blushing a bit as he gave us a genuine smile. Brice coughed a bit to lessen the tension in the room and gave a look at Nicholas. "Do not worry my lord, this won't be involved in any conversations," he said, giving another bow for politeness. Brice nodded as he mentions Nicholas to come inside.

He went in and stood awkwardly as Brice gave him the letter. It wasn't opened but from what I could see is that it came from Finland. I nudged his arm, telling him to speak and explain to Nicholas what's going to happen. He nods, understanding what I was trying to tell him.

"Nicholas, I decided that going to Finland was a bit better than staying here." Nicholas looked at Brice as if he was kidding. I shook my head to disagree.

"He's not kidding Nicholas, he's serious," I said as Nicholas then stares at me, dumbfounded. "W-Why my lord? I mean, I'm happy and all-"

"Brice," he interrupted as Nicholas chuckled. I smiled like an idiot at Brice's remark and then giggled. "I thought that being with Anne and away from danger would help a bit to get you both out of trouble. I'm sure you won't cost any problems there," Brice said as he smiled.

"Also, we need to work out some of your education progress since you take some other words quite differently," Brice said as Nicholas nods in approval, understanding Brice's response.

I then looked at Brice, confused. What does he mean "take other words differently"? I was about to ask him but he quickly interrupted me by saying, "I'll explain it later."

Nicholas opened the letter, his hands were shaking a bit. I patted his shoulders, telling him not to be nervous. He nods and reads it. "What does it say?" I asked him as he looks at me, solemnly.

"My lord, when exactly did you tell me to leave?" He asked as Brice raises a brow and looked at me. "I told them that you'll leave as the year 2004 strikes. Why?" Brice said as Nicholas looks down, reading the letter once again.

"It says here that I'll be leaving tomorrow my lord," Nicholas said as Brice quickly went outside and to his study. I quickly mentioned Nicholas to follow me as we both followed Brice.

"That can't be right. That can be right," I heard Brice muttering as he gets something from his desk. He quickly got a pin and approached Nicholas. "Are you sure that you'll be leaving tomorrow?" He asked while Nicholas nodded at his response.

"Yes, my lord." Brice quickly gave him a pin and put it on his clothes. Nicholas looked at him confused as Brice looked back at him, giving him a genuine smile. "That's my pin. Just a good luck charm and an indicator for the finns so they could tell that you're Nicholas Marshall," Brice said and Nicholas nodded and thanked him. 

"We'll miss you Nicholas. Take care of yourself there alright? Be sure to find Anne soon too and tell her I said hi," I said as I gave Nicholas a goodbye hug. "A greet from Mrs.Winston," Brice continued as I gave him a look. "Shush you." Nicholas quickly nods and chuckled. I then saw him bowing and left the study, probably packing his things for the trip. I smiled at Brice and gave him a thumbs up. He quickly hugs me while saying, "This is why I love you."

Nicholas' Pov

I quickly went to my room, stumbling upon Quincy as I walked down the hall. "Nicholas, where are you going?" She asked as I pointed to my room. "Resting?" She asked once again as I shook my head.

"I'm leaving," I said, trying not to make it a bit strange to hear. Unfortunately, it did. "What?! You're leaving? Why?" She asked, utterly panicking since Augustus would be quite a problem for her.

"N-No, I was ordered to leave," I said as Quincy reacted much worse than the last. "Calm down, I'm just going to Finland. I'm not actually leaving the castle," I told her, making her calm down a bit. She quickly looked at my room door and then back at me. "When will you leave?" I quickly looked down, staring at the tiled floor.

"Tomorrow," I said, gazing at her once again as she looks at me, sadly. "Well, goodbye?" She said as she opens her arms. I quickly approached her and hugged her. "Goodbye," I said as I went inside my room, rummaging the closet and putting some weapons in my suitcase and clothes on the luggage. Of course, the finns wouldn't mind it or either ignore it since they were the ones picking me up after all. It was quite a shocking news that I'll go to Finland but of course, I'm really happy to see Anne again.