Chapter 43: He is Back

A N N E

There had been rumors going around that there was a new student.

Girls had been talking in the hallways and the boys were all guarding and watching the school doors non-stop - thinking that it was another boy that can be included in their group of friends.

I wasn't really the type of girl who'd try to involve in such news around the campus. Having such a silent place to wander off to would be the right one for someone like me.

But, I was too pre-occupied about my subjects. I had no interest on knowing who the guy was.

The only thing that lingered my mind was the kiss I had with Nicholas.

I tried telling myself to move on since a lot of days had passed and Nicholas had probably forgotten about it.

My books were on my desk - arranged and were untouched - as I gave my bestfriend a look.

Right now, we were inside the classroom and she was taking a short glances at my direction while our professor wasn't looking.

To be honest, the teacher had noticed her for a few times but that hadn't stopped her from trying to talk to me.

Rolling my eyes, my hands touched the books and blinked. Nicholas would've loved reading these.

I knew he loved history books but he's not here for educational purposes. Brice probably wanted to play matchmaker and he sent him to meet me.

Right now, we were inside the classroom and I was on the right side, under the air conditioner.

Tugging on my sweater, I tried my best to focus on the subject. But, the thought of Nicholas was still bugging me - but I guess in a good way

"Anne," Rosellia silently called me out as she threw the paper at my desk. She was my girl bestfriend when I had first came into this university.

Her dark brown eyes stared at me as she smiled with the evident freckles on her cheeks.

'Do you think the guy is cute?' is what was written on the paper that I had on my hands. I then shook my head, smiling as I gave Rosellia a look.

She immediately understood me and giggled, leaving the professor confused as he turned his gaze back at us and stopped writing.

Luckily, he didn't quite caught us in the act.

The bell rang afterwards. Rosellia didn't even hesitate to pull me so quickly as I almost stumbled upon a bunch of people. I kept on apologizing as I did.

This was very embarrassing. There were a lot of students here and being pulled just to see the new student wasn't even my plan at all.

"Anne! Come on! There's a new boy in school!" she exclaimed me as she dragged me outside to see the transferee. I then held my book tightly as I was pulled in the crowd - hearing murmurs and gossiping around me.

"Let me go, Rosellia. I have better things to do," I said as I try to pry myself away from her grasp to go back inside. When I succeeded, I then heard her yelling.

"Anne? Anne! Come back here!" I could hear her shouting from behind and then suddenly, I was back outside.

My hands were intertwined with hers, again. But then, I felt like it wasn't hers. It wasn't soft. The hand was a bit rough, like it had experienced such hard times.

"I said I have better things to do Rose- Oof!" I turned around and gasped as I quickly collided to something hard and lost my balance.

I then closed my eyes, waiting for an impact.