Chapter 9: Travel to Deja Vu

Brice's Pov

Brice's Pov

"Anne, please stop pranking me. That's not a good prank to start off with. I have lots of work to do," I said as I signed some paperworks.

This wasn't really the first time she pranked me. I'm clearly aware of her pranks and I'm not going to fall for it again.

I sighed as she kept telling me that my parents were dead. I didn't believe her. I would never.

Suddenly, Nicholas sadly opened the door and interrupted. He quickly approaches me and gave me a letter.

I accepted it and opened the letter. I saw that it was from Switzerland's Ambassador. Ny the looks of it from the outside, it was clearly urgent.

I read the letter and quickly saw the word "Sorry" below and the word "Mein Beileid"

I knew that it meant condolences and I never really thought that I would hear that word. I couldn't even believe my eyes.

My parents are assassinated? Just like Augustus'?

"No, that's preposterous. Stop pranking me Anne,"

"I'm not pranking you! That was a letter given to me by the Ambassador. It has his signiture on it and a stamp to prove it was from Switzerland," she said as she tries not to cry in front of me.

I quickly stood up and stared at my desk. If my parents were dead, where is the killer? Is he in prison?

"Call them," I said as I took my coat.

"What do you mean Brice?" Anne asked me as Nicholas went over to me.

"I'm going to Switzerland. Nicholas, call Navii and tell her to stay and be with Augustus. Anne, you're coming with me,"

"Yes my lord," Nicholas said as he left the study room. Anne quickly folowed me as she tap on my shoulder.

"I'm sorry," she said as I stared at her with an emotionless face.

"It was never your fault," I said as I grabbed my sword and gun and went downstairs.

"My lord-"

"Call the Ambassador Quincy. I'm going to Switzerland. No questions asked. Just do," I said as I went outside and approached the carriage.

"My lord," the driver said as I nodded.

He quickly assisted me to the carriage and went to get my stuff and tries to put it somewhere.

"Nein," I said as he looks at me.

"What's the problem my lord?"

"I need that," I said as I grab the bag from his palms and carry it.

I saw Navii afar, asking me where I'm going. She's probably worried. Though, I can't risk losing her too. I quickly ignored her as the carriage started moving.

"Brice! Brice! Where are you going?!"

I tried not to look at her and quickly focused at my gun. I touched one of them and I quickly remembered the time when my dad teached me how to shoot.

He was an old fellow now but I had never thought that the killer would come back for them. I nver knew that some people had a grudge at my father.

Much worse? he came back for me and my sister to finish the job.

I quickly grabbed my gun and reloaded it. You will pay. I won't let my sister die without you facing me yet.

I'm not the goody two shoes prince anyone knew.

No. I'm much more different than that.

Navii's Pov

"Brice! Brice! Where are you going?!" I yelled to him as Nicholas quickly held me back.

I struggled at his grasp but quickly got held back by Quincy as well. I tried not to cry as the carriage left in a distance.

"Why?! Why didn't you let me go?!"

"Your brother doesn't want you to go with him. He's going to Switzerland," Quincy said to me as I quickly scoffed at her.

"Why aren't I with him then? Explain that to me!"

"Because-"

"Because the prince has a meeting to discuss with your parents about the lord's throne," Nicholas interrupted.

Wait. If he was the one called, does that mean that he's going to be the next one for the throne? Not me?

"Augustus! Darling!" I quickly called him, pushing my way inside as I tried to tell him the news.

Nicholas and Quincy stared at me as I made my way upstairs and to the chess room.

I never actually played there and hardly doubt I will. My brother just loves playing chess with father.

"Darling?" I peeked in and saw him talking with someone.

Wait, who is he? I never saw him before.

Augustus' Pov

"Did you do it Nova?" I asked him as he quickly puts his M24 in his back. I swear, this guy is pretty grumpy.

Nova was a sniper and a friend of mine back then. Never actually knew where he got one but I'm guessing it's his dad's. I treated him like an older brother since he's older than me. 15 years old, to be exact.

"Yes, I did. You owe me for this," Nova told me as he hands me a pin.

What in the bloody hell is this?! I quickly glared at him and show him the pin.

"What is this?! Tell me!" I asked him as he chuckles.

"Relax pipsqueak, it's the king's pin. You better hide that. Just make it a souvenir," he said as I growled at him.

"Pipsqueak? Pipsqueak?! Do you have any idea who you're talking to Nova?!"

"Yeah, the earl's son. Look, deeply sorry for your father. I never got a chance to save him. I never knew there was another sniper back at the coronation," he said as he quickly sits on a chair.

It was true. The coronation day wasn't really my father's assassination. Nova was trying to kill Brice's parents to gain the throne and give it to my father.

Though his dreams were crashed when someone shot him. I didn't know who it was.

All I know is that I had to atleast avenge my father. His dream of being a king. His dream of gaining the throne.

Since I'm already his replacement, why not continue it?

I heard a gasp from outside and I quickly turned around. There, I saw Navii, shocked at what Nova said.

"Hello there, Navii," I said with a smirk. She back away slowly and ran off.

"You know what to do Nova,"