Chapter 22: Chase in the Maze

Azaila's Pov

Azaila's Pov

I quickly walk downstairs since Brice told me to go ahead. He told me that he had to get something real quick. I just wonder what that was.

He won't abandon me, right? He did tell me that we would take a little stroll to the garden. No, he's too much of a gentleman to ditch me.

As I took a step on the last staircase, a bullet went past through me. It didn't hit me though. It just made a mark on the wall. "Who are you?!" I quickly looked at my left and saw a maid, holding a gun on her hands.

 "Who are you?!" I quickly looked at my left and saw a maid, holding a gun on her hands

"Look, I don't want any trouble," I said as I raise my hands up high. She quickly took another bullet and load it to her revolver.

Knowing that she could kill me at any second, I didn't hesitate to run outside. She quickly looks up and ran after me. I swiftly went to the garden, hearing gunshots behind me. I didn't even see Navii anywhere nor Augustus anywhere. I then saw a hedge maze at the middle of the garden.

Seriosly, how big was this castle and how the hell was there a hedge maze? I didn't really think of it that much, knowing there was someone after me. Not to mention, a maid!

I could still here her footsteps behind me so I quickly fasten my pace and ran inside the maze. The maze was actually a labyrinth. Meaning, there might be another exit or maybe where I just came through was the only way to go.

I quickly facepalmed, knowing that I'd get killed for a mere second. I then ran to the right as I could hear the maid not running anymore.

Did I lose her? I don't think so.

I never really planned to go back since I know she would just pop around the corner, killing me instantly. I quickly regret putting my gun upstairs in Brice's room.

I could hear her near so I quickly took my heels off and ran faster. It was much more comfortable and easier this way.

After running for 15 minutes, I was at the center. Damnit. This is bad. If I go back, that maid could kill me. Unless I went on another direction. I quickly ran straight and then right.