Chapter 24: Dining with the Royale?

Brice's Pov

I woke up cuddling Azaila on my arms. Her face was buried on chest and I quickly played with her hair. It was really soft and silky like it was recently combed. She quickly stirred at her sleep as I lay down next to her, smiling.

"You're really cute Azi," I said as I sighed. How come you're an assassin when you're really nice? Were you forced to be an assassin? Do you even want to? I looked up to the ceiling, thinking. If she was a princess, why would she want to kill me?

She quickly mumbled a few words as she hugs to me tighter. "Don't leave me..." I quickly looked at her as she kept shaking her head like she was talking to someone. I then hugged her, whispering sweet nothings to her ear.

"I won't leave you,"

"I love you too much to let you go,"

"You're too precious Azi,"

"You're so cute,"

"I love you Azi, don't you ever forget that," I said as she blinks a little bit, waking up. "B-Brice?" She asks me as she looks around and sighing in relief. I hummed in response as I was still hugging her. "What were you dreaming about?" I asked her as she quickly looks away from me, looking up.

"T-That you were going to leave me."

"And how will I leave you?" I asked her as she sobs. I quickly let her cry as I rub her back soothingly. I waited for her response as she stops.

"You died," she said as I looked at her, eyes widening. Death? How? I quickly shook off the thought of me dying and made her look at me. "Hey," I said as she look at me, her eyes tearing up a bit. "I'm not going to die, alright?"

"How would you know?" She asked as I quickly thought of something. I can't just let her cry. She's my princess after all and a princess should never cry infront of her fiancé.

"A dream is nothing but a mindscape. Just a thought or a hunch of what might happen. It's not a device that could tell what's going to happen in future time. It's not reality, just a bunch of illusions of your mind that is making you believe that it would happen," I said as she stops tearing up.

"Even though it wouldn't," I continued as she nods in response. "I-I guess you're right," she quickly agreed and sat up. I then stood up, looking outside the window. I saw Augustus sparring with a dummy with his sword. I then look down at my watch.

I never thought we would be this up late. It was 11:30 pm and it was quite dark already. It was a bit too late for a midnight snack. "My lord?" I quickly heard someone knocking on the door.

"Come in," I said as I quickly pull down the curtains and turn around. Nicholas quickly opened the door as he peeks in the room. "I baked a cake my lord. I was thinking that Mrs. Winston would like one," Nicholas said as Azaila gasped.

"Oh, I'm not Mrs. Winston, I'm Ms.  Harper. Also, if you must, you can call me Azaila or Caryl," Azaila said as she stood up and put on her shoes. Nicholas looked at me, "Is this true my lord?" I quickly shook my head.

"She's not yet Mrs. Winston. She soon will be," I muttered as Nicholas nodded. Azaila looked at me, shocked. "B-Brice, w-what the hell?" She said as I gave her my hand and helped her up, pulling her beside me.

"Just stay calm Azi, you're going to be fine," I said as I wrap my arms around her waist as Nicholas gladly held the door for us. "Also, keep in mind," I said as I whispered into her ear.

"I'm not kidding about the Mrs. Winston part," I continued as Azaila follows me, my arms still on her waist. Nicholas quickly closed the door as we went out. We both walk downstairs, Nicholas following us while fixing his gloves that was a bit messy.

We went inside the kitchen and saw Quincy putting some other strawberries on the cake. "Perfect!" She said as she did a little victory dance.

I quickly went to Azaila's chair and pulled it, mentioning her to sit

I quickly went to Azaila's chair and pulled it, mentioning her to sit. "What a gentleman you are," she said as she laughs, making Quincy look at us.

"Oh dear, sorry for what you just saw Mrs. Winston and my lord," she said as Azaila glares at me. I shrugged playfully at her and sat on my chair. I could still hear Augustus outside, slashing his sword.

"Um...you can call me Azaila or Caryl. Not Mrs. Winston. We're not even married-"

"Yet," I said as she looks at me dumbfounded. I could see Nicholas smirking as he slices the cake with a knife and Quincy smiling. Azaila quickly leans next to me and whispered, "Let's talk about this later." I nodded and quickly grab a plate of cake from Nicholas.

I grab Azaila's plate and handed it to her. "Nicholas," I called out as Nicholas looked at me. "Could you save a slice for Navii? She has been quiet for a while now," I said as Quincy interrupted.

"Actually my lord, I'll do it," she said as she grabs a plate with the strawberry cake on it and went upstairs, probably delivering Navii's food. I quickly sat on my chair as Nicholas sat and eat his slice.

"This is quite good. You must have learned this from someone eh?" Azaila said as she took another bite. "Actually, this is my first time baking a strawberry cake," Nicholas said as Azaila quickly looked at him, gasping.

"What?! First timer in baking?! How?!" Azaila asks as Nicholas laughed at her reaction. I took another bite, admiring the scene before me. "I guess you could say I got a bit of a help from a friend," Nicholas said, pointing at the cook book on the kitchen table.

Azaila quickly laughed and then calmed down. "That was an delightful remark Nicholas," I said as Nicholas nodded. "Thank you my lord," he said as he quickly looked behind me.

I looked back and smiled.

"Navii, nice of you to join us."