Chapter 41: Kiss Me

A N N E

"Well, I never knew that this date could turn out quite alright." I then looked at Nicholas who was looking around the park, studying the place for a moment before looking down. His dark black hair bounced a bit as he turned back to give me that same sweet smile before he gave a nod in agreement.

Walking towards the exit of the park, we stopped for a second. Well, this is it. Another painful week without seeing him again. I looked at Nicholas as he sighed, knowing that he'll leave me again. We weren't really fond of saying goodbyes. After all, it was our first time seeing each other again.

"For once, I thought that Miss Casvielle was going to pop up and startle us," Nicholas said as I then giggled at his remark. I never really admitted it but I was glad that she wasn't here to surprise us.

I then stoop up a little bit and kissed his cheek. He then froze in his place, shocked at what I did. His eyes widened, looking down at me.

His reaction quickly turned into a smirk as I shyly looked away. As I looked back, I just gave him a confused glance as the smirk never left his face.

"I think you missed your mark, my lady," he said as he quickly pointed on his lips. I just smiled, shaking my head. I ignored his remark and left him there with a surprised look on his face. I then walked a bit and looked back, just to see him standing there, pouting. Wow, I guess he's really serious about me kissing him on the lips.

Before he could even walk towards me, I ran back to him and gave a quick peck on the lips. But before I could pull away, I felt his arms snake around my waist - pulling me even closer towards him. Though, I didn't even hesitate to kiss back. I put my hands on his hair and the other on his chest.

After a few minutes, we pulled away, our foreheads leaning against each other. I couldn't help but smile as he gave me that charming grin that attracted me the most. We then looked away, a rosy red color tinted on both of our cheeks.

"I never really thought that you'd really do it, my lady," he said as I nodded in agreement. That was actually unexpected too. I didn't really thought I'd do it too. I guess I got carried away there.

"Me too," I said as he chuckled for a bit before putting both of his hands on his pockets. We both looked at each other before looking away, again. God, we must have looked like idiots by now.

I could see some couple smiling at us before going back to what they were doing. I just looked down before looking up, smiling at Nicholas. He smiled back as I waved him goodbye.

N I C H O L A S

I smiled, looking at her retreating figure up ahead. I knew that it wouldn't be long until I see her again. After all, we were going to the same university. Might as well enjoy it.

As I was going home, I saw Miss Casvielle looking around. When she saw me, she quickly smiled before approaching me.

"So, how'd it go?" she asked me as I blushed a bit before smiling in response. She just grinned, knowing that her plan had worked.

"You should've just told us," I said, walking back to my house. She followed, a grin still plastered on her face. As I wen inside, I then saw her shook her head before putting her hat on the couch.

"Then it wouldn't be a surprise for the both of you," she said, playfully pointing a finger at me. I just rolled my eyes before nodding in agreement. I guess it wasn't really a bad idea. After all, we kissed. I guess she really feels the same way as I do. I took of the coat I was wearing before sitting down on a chair.

I then fixed my long sleeves, rolling it a bit before looking at the blank paper infront of me. Looking back, I saw Casvielle fixing her hair before grabbing her hat.

"Well then, I'll be on my way. See you tomorrow, Nicholas." She then waved me goodbye before leaving, closing the door behind her. I then sighed, grabbing the pen before writing down a letter for Brice.

Dear Brice,

I don't know how I'll ever repay you, your majesty. I've been having a great time here in Finland. Thanks to you, Anne and I are once again reunited. I'll try to send enough letters to keep you updated. I do wish that you are all safe there in London. I do not know what is happening there right now but I do hope that everything is fine.

I'm still coping to the new environment but Miss Casvielle and the ambassador is helping me a lot. Still, I need to learn more about Finland. There are a lot of things that I need to discover.

By the way, I do wish you good luck on winning Azaila's heart, your majesty. She is certainly a good match for you. She would really be fit on being your queen.

Sincerely,

Nicholas Marshall

I set the pen down, re-reading the letter I wrote. I knew that it wasn't much but I guess it would be enough to tell the prince that I was fine. I looked around before getting a ribbon to tie the letter.

Finding one, I tied it a bit loosely to avoid the letter from being crumpled. I'll just give it to Miss Casvielle tomorrow so she could send it to Prince Brice.

After all, I still don't know how things work around this country. I set the letter down on the table before walking upstairs to my room.

I then lay my head on a pillow, looking at the ceiling above. I could never forget the guy who kissed my lady in my dream. It just seemed so real. I could literally see them smiling at each other.

Should I really be worried about my lady being with that guy?

Or was it all just a dream?