Chapter 25: You WHAT?!

Brice's Pov

"Navii, nice of you to join us," I said as she quickly gave me a cold stare and nod. What happened to her? She quickly walked inside the dining room and saw Nicholas eating his slice.

I set my gaze upon her as she slowly walks towards Nicholas. Though, he didn't pay any attention to my sister and kept eating his cake. Suddenly, Navii gave Nicholas a hug, muttering a sorry all over again.

I quickly stood up and was about to scold Navii but Azaila held me in place. "Let her be Brice," she said as I sat back on my chair, still looking at Navii.

Nicholas quickly pulled Navii away from him but she just won't stop apologizing. "Navii!" I said as Azaila nudges my arm, telling me not to.

Navii quickly looked at me, teary-eyed and wouldn't stop saying sorry. I was about to approach her but Azaila stood up and approached her. Navii quickly flinches at Azaila's touch and quickly kneeled.

Azaila looked at me, shocked as Navii bowed as she kneels for respect. "I'm really sorry. I didn't mean to. I'm sorry. I'm sorry." Azaila quickly kneels to her and hugs her as Nicholas stood there, still shocked of what happened.

"What do you mean "you didn't mean to" Navii? What did you do?" I said as she looks at me. She quickly hugged me as I stroke her hair slowly as Azaila looks at us, worried.

"I-I...I'm the one who shot Nicholas," she said as I widen my eyes. Wait, she was the one who shot him? Why would she?

"Why? Why did you shot him? What did he do?" I asked her as she sobs into my chest and buries it a bit deeper. She wasn't answering but she kept trembling and flinching everytime I touch her hair. Nicholas quickly asked her, "Do you hate me milady?" He asks as Navii shook her head.

"I..." She didn't continue her sentence and looked behind me. I didn't turned around since I thought that she was just looking at Nicholas' cat.

"I...I don't hate you Nicholas. It's just...complicated to explain," she said as she quickly pulls away and bows as an apology.

"Explain,"

"Brice!" Azaila quickly gasped at my remark and glared. "We cannot know what really happened if we do not let her explain," I said as Navii trembled in fear. She kept looking back and forth to Azaila then behind me then back at her again.

I turned around, seeing Nicholas' cat purring and quickly looked at Navii, annoyed. "That's just Nicholas' cat Navii. Don't get distracted and explain," I said as Azaila punched my arm.

"Don't be too harsh on your sister, Brice. Can't you see she's kind of paranoid? Whatever kind of monster made her do this, she didn't really want to do shoot Nicholas!"

"Don't get involved around this Azaila. I don't want you getting hurt, alright?" I said as I glared at her and she quickly stayed silent. I didn't notice Augustus in a far distance, smirking.

Augustus' Pov

I could clearly see Navii looking at me as I wave my sword around, taunting her. I quickly slashed my sword and then glided a finger on it. She look at me scared as I made a cutting motion using my finger and stuck my tongue out.

She clearly knew what it means. If she tell anyone, mostly Brice, I would cut her tongue with my sword. Of course, doing that to my future wife would be clearly unsettling but if I had to, I would do it.

Marrying Brice's sister was one of the ways of getting the throne. Killing him was another. Of course, I wouldn't plan to do that. I'm not that low. Killing his parents was just my very own plan.

They weren't important anyway. Just a problem, a bystander. If they were alive, they would pass the throne to Brice. Meaning, they wouldn't let me be inline with the throne since Brice would rule that throne and regain England.

I quickly smirked as Navii kept apologizing and Brice doesn't even have a clue. I chuckled, knowing that they won't ever find out. I then saw Azaila confronting Brice.

Wait. Azaila?

That assassin traitor. I quickly growled, knowing that she could spoil any details whatsoever. Damn that little brat to hell. I quickly stomped off to the dummy and gave it a slash. One after another.

Goddamnit. I knew she would fall in love with that prince. I really need to remind myself that girls are not to be trusted with works. I mentally facepalmed, knowing that I had to talk to her once again to actually do the plan.

Damn her.

I didn't waste my time outside and went upstairs.

Navii's Pov

I can't tell him. I don't want my fiancé to die in the hands of my brother. I also don't want to see them fight with swords. I knew that it was the only way. A duel between a prince and an earl.

Knowing that my brother had a gun strapped on his holster, I couldn't let Augustus die because of me. What would he think?

This is your fault Navii.

I died because of you.

You couldn't keep your mouth shut, huh?

"Navii, this is a serious matter. You need to tell me who it is! You're like, having a stockholm syndrome or some sort-"

"I don't care!" I said as I sob really hardly, tears were flowing down my face. Brice was clearly angry and Azaila talking to him wasn't doing anything. Whatever Azaila did, Brice just shrugs it off like it was nothing. He was clearly angry at me and I know it.

"I'm sorry brother. I can't," I said as Brice quickly puts his hands on his hair, stressed. "Alright. If you can't tell me who it is, I'll find who it was myself," he said as he storms off. Azaila gave a quick glance at me before following Brice. "Brice, come back here!" She said as she left the kitchen.

I quickly sat down on off the chairs and look at Nicholas. He was looking down, respectfully. "I'm sorry if you were involved in this mess. I'm truly sorry Nicholas," I said as he shook his head.

"It's alright milady. You didn't really shoot me purposedly. Someone told you to," he said as he gave me a genuine smile.

I quickly nodded and went upstairs. I saw Augustus trying to give me a hug but I pushed him away.

"You did this," I said as I snarled at him. He just gave me a smirk and whispered.

"But you didn't even try to stop me, did you?"