Chapter 45: No Connection Back Home

N I C H O L A S

HATRED.

I couldn't quite point out why I had been glaring at the guy for quite a while now. There is still my gut feeling that tells me that once I meet the guy, I know that he'll just give out trouble to Anne. But by the looks of it, we both looked like we were just giving fake smiles to each other.

His dark chocolate brown eyes looked into my crimson one. The books he had on his hand was now in his locker. The glare he gave me as he closed the locker door was already evident - and it slightly annoyed me. Yet, Anne wasn't noticing the fact that the both of us were almost throwing daggers at each other.

And the only thing that bothered me the most was that he was the guy from my dreams - the one who was kissing my Anne.

"Nicholas, meet Riveo. Riveo, this is Nicholas." His eyes went up to down at me - studying me further as I gave him a poker face. I don't want to engage in a conversation with him. Judging the look on his face, I knew that he wasn't happy with me either.

As we stopped to approach him, he puts his hands on his pockets and gave sweet smile to Anne. But, he wasn't paying attention to me.

If there's a lot of things that I learned from studying books by myself, people won't look at you like that at first meetings. And they definitely won't ignore you.

Unless they know you and is insecure of you - or maybe even jealous.

I could not help but purse my lips. There is no way that I'll be in good terms with this guy.

This time, I'm thinking that it was the latter.

"Nice to meet you." He gave me his hands to shake and I did. Maybe it was best to take things professionally. I half-heartedly took it and gave him a nod.

"The pleasure is all mine," I answered back.

"I'm actually thinking that you guys would get along!" Anne beamed as Riveo and I both shot a glance towards each other again. Getting along wasn't really in my vocabulary.

"I don't really think that he likes me," Riveo told Anne and even gave her a sad smile. I didn't really think of it that much. I'm already sure that he was being too friendly with my lady.

Not hesitating to speak out, I answered, "It's really nice that we have the same thought."

Anne quickly gasped at my reaction while Riveo had wide eyes gazing at me. "Nich!"

"I'm just stating the truth, milady," I countered back, looking away from the two.

"Riveo-" Instead of answering, Riveo takes his phone from his pocket and shake his head at Anne.

"Sorry, Anne. I have an important agenda. I'll be back later, okay?" he told her as Anne just frowned. I'm pretty sure she knew why Riveo was acting like this. As soon as he got Anne's approval, he threw me a final glare before he walked away.

"Look at what you did!" Anne then reacted as she saw Riveo leaving with no proper excuse. I didn't mind that though. I just gave her a shrug. There is no way that I'll let my feelings go unrecognized.

"I regret nothing, milady. Once I saw him, I already had a bad feeling." Her eyes glanced at me and her brows furrowed afterwards. She probably wasn't expecting me to say that.

"That's not how you tell that to him though," she muttered under her breath before she sighed.

"Maybe you're just...I don't know..." Once she trailed off, my eyes gave her a curious look. Maybe I was what?