Chapter 33: Is it too cliche or cheesy?

Brice's Pov

I walked towards my study. It was quite silent when Nicholas isn't here. No laughter, no joy, no nothing. I really miss the lad and Anne. I could always hear them greeting themselves while getting a bit flustered and blushing over things. They're going to be a great couple indeed. Though, they cannot break the rule. The rule that my father gave a long time ago. 

Actually, I was planning to break that rule. I never was once satisfied with that decision. Not one bit actually. It was getting on the way of Love. Everyone deserves freedom. "Brice?" I heard my love asking behind me. I quickly turned around and saw her smiling. "Yes? What is it Azi?" I asked her as I smirked. She quickly gave me a flying kiss and I pretended to catch it. "I love you!" She said as she giggled. I quickly ran to her, hoisting her up as she gasps. I then twirled her around as I then set her down. "I love you too Azi," I said as I kissed her.

I then saw Augustus glaring at us. I then pulled away, pulling Azaila near me. He quickly left the scene and gave the last glare. I then scoffed and leaned my forehead to Azaila's. "Who was that?" She asks me as I gave her another peck. "Mr.Bitter-no-one-loves. Nobody in other words," I said as she playfully punches my arm. "Don't be too harsh on Augustus!" She said as I rolled my eyes. "Forget that prick. We have the day for ourselves." I quickly pulled her wrist and making her follow me. I completely forgot that I had to go to the study.

"Where are we going?" she asked me as I winked. "You'll see," I told her as I ran, leaving her. She quickly ran after me and I laughed. "That's not fair! Hey! Come back here!" I heard her yelling as I turned around, seeing her laughing. I was continuously running and I forgot to look back.

"Brice! Look out!" I quickly turned around, making my head bump into a tree. It hurts to be honest but I quickly realized that this may be my chance. I quickly played unconscious as I heard Azaila running towards me. "Brice, darling? Are you alright? Brice!" She called out as she kept shaking me and kept checking my head. 

I kept my eyes closed as I heard her panicking a bit. I heard her sitting down as she puts her hand on my chest. "Please, Brice. Please wake up!" I quickly felt her shuffling, probably looking at me. I opened my eyes as I kissed her. "Mmph!" I heard her gasp on my kiss then relaxed for a minute, knowing that I woke up or just snapped out from pretending. I then pulled away, laughing at her reaction. She pouted as she punches my arm. Not playfully, real punch this time.

"Ouch. That hurts you know." I said, trying not to laugh. She just glared at me as I played with her hair. "I'm sorry Azi, I can't help it. You're too cute and you're too perfect. That makes you..." I quickly looked at her as she gave me a confused look.

"My wife," I said as she smiled. "Don't you think that you're thinking too much ahead?" I shook my head and quickly patted my lap, mentioning her to lay her head. She quickly nodded and laid her head on it. I quickly smiled and told her, "It's not thinking ahead. It's thinking about reality of what's going to actually happen." She then looked at my eyes and giggled.

"Shut it you," she said as I laughed with her. I could clearly see Navii waving at us as we both waved back. "Do you think our love is too cheesy or too cliche?" she randomly asked me, making me look down. "Not really. To be honest, cliche or cheesy isn't the right word to begin with Azi." She looks up and then looks away.

"What would the words be then?" she raises her brows at me and I sighed. "Unpredictable." she looks away as I saw her sat back up. "Clarify to me it then. What kind of unpredictable are you saying?" I looked at her and gave her a ring. She gasped as I grabbed her hand and put the ring on her finger.

"Just like that." She looks at me and smirked. "Alright then. Make me your wife without asking. That's one way to sum it up then," she said as I laughed. "Woah there. You're the one who told me that I'm thinking about the future while you're the one who thinks ahead about love now.  That's a promise ring Azi, not a marriage ring. Yet." She quickly looked down and pouted. 

"W-Well, you should've asked still!" she defended as I raised my arms in defeat. "Alright then. You won this argument. I won't explain it much further." She looks at me and gave me a confused look. "Why do you do that?"

"Do what?" I asked her as she leans to me. "Why won't you defend the argument? Why would you always let me win?" She asked me as I crossed my arms. I looked away, trying to avoid the conversation. "Brice?"

"I love you too much to let you go." I quickly saw her reaction as she widen her eyes. "Can't you see it? I don't want to argue with you cause I would always feel that with one wrong word, you'll leave me. No goodbyes nor I love you. I don't want you to leave me here alone as I wander off, trying to experience love. I want you to stay by my side as my wife! I promised that you're my only one! I don't want anyone except you! I want to experience how to love again! I don't want anyone to leave me just like they did! "I said as I broke down. I did missed my parents and my friends. Nicholas and Anne. I don't want Azaila to leave me.

I need love.

She quickly hugged me as I saw tears running down her face. "I'm sorry for ever bringing this conversation to you," she said as I pulled her closer.

"Just don't leave me Azi. I love you too much to let you go. Call it cliche or cheesy but you will always be in my heart. I will never ever leave your side." I said as I wiped the tears on her eyes.

"Forever and always. You'll always be my princess and as my wife,"