Chapter 10: Vengeance is Karma

Navii's Pov

Navii's Pov

I continued to run through the hallway, trying to outrun Nova. I never actually knew what happened but my insticts just took over.

I saw Quincy downstairs, walking to the kitchen.

"Quincy!" I yelled as she quickly turned around and saw Nova behind me.

I could feel a tug on my pigtails as I was pulled back and someone held me back.

I saw Quincy getting her gun from her back and pointed it at Nova. I could hear someone shuffling and I saw Nicholas looking at Nova who looks like he was going to kill him.

"Try me, I'll shoot,"

"Let the princess go," Quincy said as she quickly stares at me and mouthed some words.

"You could do it my lady,"

I breathe deeply and tried to focus. I need to atleast try not to die. My brother still needs me. Even though he ignored me.

"Just like Brice taught you," I thought as I nodded.

I quickly punched Nova in the gut as I grab his gun and pulled it away from him. I pointed it at him and started to back away.

Suddenly, I saw Augustus coming out the door and I quickly pointed it at him.

"Navii, you don't want to shoot your fiancé, right?"

"I can do what I want! You're a psychopath!"

"What do you mean Navii? Darling? You trust me, right?"

"What did you do to my father? What did you do?! Why is his pin on you? He never give his pin to anyone!" I said as I almost pulled the trigger but quickly got pushed off by Nova.

"My lady!" I heard Nicholas yelled as he gracefully caught me before I fall the floor.

"My lady, are you alright?" I could see Quincy firing at Nova as she tries to dodge the bullets that Nova was shooting.

I closed my eyes as I shook from the shock. This was the first time I got pushed off and caught by someone. Not that I actually fell before and hit anything. Not really.

Nicholas sets me down as I heard Augustus yelling at Nova. I could see the anger in Nicholas' eyes as he quickly approaches Quincy.

Quincy looked at Nicholas and handed him a bunch of daggers.

This is bad. Really bad.

Brice, Anne, where are you?

Brice's Pov

"Your highness, we're here," I heard someone calling me and shaking me to wake me up.

I rubbed my eyes and saw Anne looking at the window and then turned around to smile at me.

I stood up and offered her a hand and she quickly followed. We both got off the private plane I had and suddenly got greeted by some swiss.

"Willkommen in der Schweiz," they said as I nodded.

"Ich danke Ihnen," I said as I looked at Anne.

She looked at me and gasped. She stared back at the Swiss and bowed.

"Merci Monseiur and Madame," she said as she looked at me and I nodded.

"So, where is Mr. Nico? I need to speak to him," I said as I fixed my collar.

They nodded and mentioned me to follow them. I followed them and saw Anne wandering off.

"Anne, don't wander off. Follow me. You'll get lost if you tend to check some things out," I said as she looks at me and nodded.

We both walked into the Grúyeres and saw the Ambassador.

"Ah, Sir Brice, you are here!"

"Wo ist das Grabstein meiner Eltern?" I asked him as he pointed at the eternal garden a few walks away.

"There. The one with your country's flag," he said as I completely walked away.

I stopped a little as Anne followed.

"By the way Ambassador, Danke," I said as I walked to their tombstone.

I quickly kneeled to it as I saw their names written on it and some flowers that were given by the Swiss people.

"Mother, Father," I said as I touched their tombstone and try not to cry.

I knew they were watching me. They knew that I would never be able to stop myself from revealing the killer.

"I will avenge you, Ich verspreche," I continued.

Anne tapped my shoulder and hugged me. I quickly lay my head on top of hers. I knew she was just a little child who would always be on my side.

She was my little sister. Not by blood, but, by heart. Still, I could never replace Navii.

Speaking of Navii, is she alright? Perhaps so.

Nicholas' Pov

I quickly threw another another dagger at Nova but he kept dodging. When will this stop?!

"Stop moving you brat!" He said as I quickly caught the dagger and threw it back to him.

What is this? Throw and catch? Darts?

"If I were you, you should be the one who needs to stop moving!" I continued as I approached him while I grab his other daggers that were on the floor and throw it back.

He swiftly caught it and threw it, missing me.

This battle was taking too long. It felt like an hour had passed by already. But thankfully, he finally missed.

"You missed," I said, teasing him.

He quickly laughed and I stared at him confusingly.

"I don't think so," he said as I turned around and saw that it hits Quincy at her right arm.

"I'm alright! Nicholas, behind you!" Quincy yelled as I turn back around and saw Nova pointing his gun at me.

"Goodbye Nicholas Mar-" He got interrupted by a gunshot.

I saw him, spitting out blood and his gun falling down the floor. He stared at someone and quickly glared.

"You will pay for this," He said as he fell down limp.

"I-Is he dead?" I heard someone saying and saw Princess Navii, holding a revolver in her hands as it shook a little bit.

I approached her and she suddenly gasped.

"I-I killed him! I d-didn't mean too!" She quickly sobbed and kneels.

I saw Quincy walking down the stairz, probably fetching the medical kit for her arm. I walked towards the princess and tapped her shoulder.

"You didn't kill him my lady. You just ended his misery," I said as I quickly put the daggers on my boot.

I heard someone walking towards us and saw Augustus. I quickly growled at him and stood.

"You don't need to fight me Nicholas. You'll thank me next time,"

"Even if I owe you my life, I would never follow your steps my lord. I am not like you,"

"Yes, you are Nicholas. You just won't admit it. Soon, I'll be the king and you'll be my subordinate,"

"Sur mon Cadavre," I said as I scowl at him.

"So be it," He said as he walks away.