Chapter 34: What's a Boy-Friend?

Nicholas' Pov

"Finally done," I said as I looked around the room. It was clean and yet comfortable to look at. A little bit old style but astonishing. I've already arranged some of the furniture and some desk to at least make the room organized. I sighed, knowing that I still have to clean the living room. "Where is milady? She left an hour ago and still there's no sign of her ever coming back," I said as I wiped the sweat from my forehead.

As if on cue, I heard her humming downstairs and the stairs creaking a little bit. I then heard the doorknob being twisted behind me and quickly turned around. I saw Miss Casvielle holding up three bags and my luggage nowhere to be found. "Um...milady? Where are my things?" I asked as she panted, putting the bags on the bed. "They're downstairs. Sorry. The ambassador told me to give you these," she said, pointing at the bags.

"What are these for milady?" I asked her, opening the bag. I saw some newly bought clothes and some books. It was quite old but probably a good one. I looked at the cover as I saw the title. "The Lost City of Time? Dutch Renaissance? Where did you get this milady?" I asked her as she turns around, looking at me. "I got that from the ambassador. He said that it's a good book and would really help you to learn about society and such," she said before leaving. I took another glance at it. From the very first look, it really was quite intriguing.

I quickly opened it and read the first page

I quickly opened it and read the first page. I saw a quote written on it before the very start of the chapter. 

"Time is essential. Love is forbidden. Whatever the rules or the scriptures says, it does not matter. Nobody shall use time for power but time shall be used to gain affection, wisdom and prosperity. The world may be cruel to live on but do seek answers for another moment. Wait for the right time and the right place for you both to seek the correct answers. Destiny will lead you both."

"Darkness can consume thee but will not result in success. It can lure your mind into suffocation but will not create an imitation. Only we can decide what's best and what's wrong to do. Darkness is just an imaginative word for pessimist and light is the only guardian along the way,"

"Reading it already I see," Casvielle said as she smiled at me while she carries my luggage and some letters along with some other books. I'm sure that one of them was a dictionary. Though, it seems a bit familiar. "You're probably wondering where you saw this. It's from Brice." she quickly raised the book and I smiled.

It was the very first dictionary I read back at London. Surely, Brice didn't want me to leave this back since I kept reading it over and over again. Most likely look like I would buy it from him too. "He told me that you kept reading it over and over again like it was a book. You kept going in and out of his study, making him wonder what was so important with it. So, he decided to give it to you as a gift instead. After all, he wasn't using it much and much likely ask what he would do with it," Casvielle said, handing me the book.

I chuckled as I opened the dictionary. Still the same old kind of thing like the last time. I then saw Casvielle handing me a letter. I got it out of her grasp and carefully unattached the letter seal then opened the letter. 

Dear Nicholas,

You saw it, didn't you? Yes, I just touched your precious dictionary. Just this once. I knew you'd be bored there in Finland if you haven't checked out the library yet. I presume Casvielle showed you around town and wouldn't be lost on your way back home. Have you seen Anne yet? She haven't read my letter probably or haven't really saw you yet, I guess. Anyway, do enjoy your stay there. Promise me Nicholas that you would find Anne, alright?

I also sent you some books. Navii also got you some of her favorites. Some were from Quincy. I heard that she gave you some finnish books as well. I'm sure Casvielle would help you along the other things. Try to get along with some citizens there too Nicholas. If you're lost, don't hesitate to ask. If you're too shy or they're too preoccupied to talk, call Casvielle. That's all for now. I'll see you soon.

Sincerely,

Prince Brice Winston

"Anyways, I'm sure that you'll love these. I read some of these and some of these were astounding. Here you go." Casvielle quickly handed me some of the books as I put them on a desk nearby. I got one book from the pile and saw that the title was finnish.

I quickly opened the first page and saw some finnish text. I looked around the desk and looked at the pile confusingly. 'There's an English dictionary but no Finnish ones?' I thought as I looked at Casvielle then back at the book.

"Minä olen sinun poikaystäväsi ja sinä olet minun, ei kenenkään tarvitse koskaan vaatia sinua, en voi hyväksyä hylkäämistä, en hyväksy teitä, minä olen sinun kuninkaasi ja sinä olet minun kuningattarini", hän sanoi kun hän suuteli minua intohimoisesti ja mustasukkaisuus.

 "Milady, do you have any finnish dictionary? If not, could you translate this to me? Please?" I asked her as she turns around and approached me slowly. She stopped and stood beside me, looking at the book. "What's wrong with it?" I looked at her and she quickly gasped. She then waved her hand as she apologizes. "Oh sorry, sorry. My apologies. I forgot you don't speak Finnish."

"It says, 'I am your boyfriend and you are mine. Not anyone shall ever claim you. I will not accept rejection. I will not accept your pleads. I am your king and you are my queen," he said as he kissed me with passion and jealousy'. I am pretty sure Prince Brice loves cheesy romance novels. Don't you agree?" She asked me as I paid no attention to her and nodded like I was listening.

"Nicholas?"

"What's a Boy-Friend, milady?" I asked her as she stares at me with wide eyes.