Chapter 21: Following Steps

Brice's Pov

Brice's Pov

Knowing that the catastrophe won't end, I quickly decided to let Nicholas be. Surely he was the next victim of these accidents and as a prince, I can't let anyone die. I already lost two, I can't lose another.

I quickly wrote a letter to Finland that I will let my friend follow Anne's steps. He might be new to it but I know he'll fit in.

Dear Ambassador Gunter,

This is Prince Brice Winston of London, the son of Queen Olivia and King Alexander. I want to hereby declare that Nicholas Marshall shall be a citizen there in Finland due to sudden catastrophes here at London. I am still handling the situation but I would like to ask a favor to you to give Nicholas a warm welcome.

I actually thought that education would be essential for him to atleast cope much more faster to the environment. If we must, we could assert some kind of trade. I shall give Finland some kind of recognition and give some patch of gold in exchange for Nicholas Marshall's safety and education.

By the year 2004, I will send him there and I do hope you'd accept him. I cannot simply thank you enough.

Sincerely,
Prince Brice Winston

I quickly put the letter on an envelope and put a stamp into it. I saw Azaila staring at me as she sat up.

"Do you think he'll accept it?" she asked me and raises her brows. I quickly nodded, knowing he'll be happy to see Anne again.

Of course, it had just been days since he last talked to her but knowing that she left without telling him on his birthday was quite heartbreaking.

"Yeah, I'm sure of it. After all,  he'll see Anne again. I miss her too," I said as Azaila tilts her head in confusion.

"Who's Anne?" she asked me as I quickly crossed my arms. I'm not really angry, just bored. There was nothing to do. Augustus is being a prick, Navii has been awfully quiet, Quincy is just doing her morning chores and Nicholas is still sleeping with his wounded side.

"Just a childhood friend. Nothing to worry about. Besides, Nicholas and Anne are very close to each other rather than me," I said as she nodded. "Wait, are you jealous?" I quickly asked, making her look at me, surprised.

"W-What? No!" She answered as she quickly looks away. I knew she was jealous since I told her that I missed Anne. So, I quickly cupped her cheek and kissed her.

She was shocked at first but quickly kissed me back

She was shocked at first but quickly kissed me back. We stayed there for a little bit and she then pulls away. "What was that for?" I quickly laughed at her and she quickly crossed her arms and pout.

"You were jealous so I had to kiss you,"

"Was that necessary?"

"Apparently," I said as I quickly stood up. I went to my closet and got some fresh clothes. She looks at me as I went to get a dress for her.

"Whose dress is that?"

"It's Anne's dress. She left some dresses and I think it would suit you perfectly," I said as I handed her a dress. It was a royal blue dress with a golden design.

She quickly shook her head and pointed at a short white dress with a black neckline

"That?" I asked her as she nods in approval. "Alright," I then grab the dress and handed it to her. She quickly stood up and went to the bathroom.

I looked at the mirror, glancing at reflection. It was too prince like and I hated it. I then tried to look for some clothes for myself but it was to royal like which made me annoyed. Why can't a prince have a clothes which a normal citizen has?

"My lord?" I quickly looked at the door and approached it. I opened it slowly and saw Nicholas standing there, worried.

"Nicholas, you shouldn't be up yet," I said as he shook his head. "I thought it would be great to go back to work," he said as I shook my head in disapproval.

"Nonsense. Just rest," I said as he looked down ashamed and nodded. He was about to walk away but I quickly stopped him, "Wait!" He then stop and look back at me.

"Do you have some clothes that would fit me?"

"What do you mean my lord?"

"Any comfortable clothes by any chance?" I asked him as he quickly tilts his head in confusion. "Just plain clothes that aren't worn yet," I said as he looks at me and nodded. "I think I do have one my lord. Let me just get it for you," he said as he went off.

I quickly looked back and saw Azaila just wearing a towel. "B-Brice! L-Look away!" I quickly nodded and left the room blushing.

Nicholas then walked outside of his room and stared at me, confused. Of course, he just went to get some clothes and here I am, standing on the hallway. "Why are you outside my lord?" He asked me as the red tint never left my face.

"I-I was just waiting for you to get me some clothes," I said stuttering as he slowly handed it to me. "Whatever you say my lord," he said as he waves and left.

I quickly went back inside and saw Azaila dressed up. I quickly went into the bathroom and took a bath. I could feel the water dripping down to my skin as I wash myself with soap. It wasn't that long until I had finish my bath. I don't need to describe anything, do I?

I quickly change into my clothes in the bathroom since I do not really want anything to happen awkward outside as Azaila was waiting for me.

It was a green shirt and some brown pants with a black belt strapped on it. I have to admit, it was really comfortable.

"Ready to go Azi?" I asked her as I went out the bathroom. She was fixing her hair and puts her pin and nods.

I just hope nothing goes wrong this time.