Chapter 13: Infini

*November 2003*

*November 2003*

Augustus' Pov

It's been five years in this castle with Brice. I have to admit, he was studying my actions carefully. He sometimes would appear right around the corner when I take a little scroll through the hallways.

I rubbed my eyes as I stretched my arms up. I quickly heard someone knocking and gave a glance.

"Young master, your cup of tea is here," Nicolas said as he knocks into my room. I just scoffed and looked away. "Come in, you're late," I said as I quickly sat up straightly from the bed.

"Pardon young master?" He asks me as he came in with my Lady Grey tea and lays it on the desk beside me. "You are late Nicholas. You know what that means. You should never be late," I said sternly as he bows down and let me sip my tea.

I swear. This butler will never learn.

"I'm sorry young master, it would never happen again," He said as he bows down politely.

Full of promises. Bloody hell. Promises are always meant to be broken.

I simply nodded as he walks away. I could hear him slowly twisting the doorknob.

"Wait," I said as I put my cup back to the tray. He stops and quickly looks back at me. I gave him a slight smile and mentions him to stay.

"I want you to have the day off," I said as I slowly stood up from my bed. He looked at me in biwilderment.

"Young master, I simply-"

"No, you deserve it," I said as I smiled and grab my cane.

"Surely you have some better things to do. After all, I have no sudden errands for today, am I right?"

"Yes, my lord"

"Have fun," I said as I quickly flashed him a smile. Before I left the room, I quickly muttered a Happy Birthday for him. Without anything to do anymore, I left the room.

I walked slowly, hearing the sound of my footsteps echoing through the hallway.

I saw a door slightly open while I could hear something hitting against a wooden texture. I slowly peeked in and I could clearly see Brice playing billiards and Navii watching Brice. He heard the door slightly opening and quickly notices me then smirked.

"What are you looking at?" I asked him as I gave him an annoyed glance. He quickly chuckled and mentions me over.

"Do you want to play?" He asked me as he slightly raises his long sleeves. I quickly crossed my arms and looked away, slightly embarrassed.

"I don't know how to play," I said as he smiles goofily at me. I quickly looked back at him and he quickly grabbed one of the stick on the side.

"Think fast," he threw me the stick and I quickly caught it. Navii looks at me and gawked. "Wait! You're playing too?" She asks me as I nodded.

"What do you think I'm doing?" I asked her as I stretched my arms and smirks. Brice quickly laughed at my remark and mannerisms.

"Trying to impress my sister? Great job by the way. Looking like a goddamn turkey that is," he said as I gave him a glare.

"Are you calling me fat?" I asked him as he wouldn't stop laughing. He quickly got his composure and calmed down a bit. "Maybe," he said as he stretches his arms a bit and gave a smug grin.

"Let's do this," I said as I took of my gloves. He just nodded and quickly shot his stick on the ball, knocking the eigth ball to a target. He quickly grinned and I glared.

"It's on," I said as I took the next shot.

Nicholas' Pov

I heard the earl and the prince playing some pool and Navii cheering on both sides. I guess equality does happen even with ranks.

The earl didn't even know how to play them. Though, he was quite good with strategics so he would still have a chance. After all, he wasn't called "King of Chess" or "Potentate of Latrunculi" for nothing.

I silently walk through the hallways, looking for Anne. Speaking about my lady, she had grown quite taller than I first met her. After all, she was already nine years old.

I felt someone following me but just disregarded the thought. I felt someone covering my eyes and I quickly pulled them. I turned around and saw Anne.

"Yes Milady?" I asked her as she tries to gain her composure

"Yes Milady?" I asked her as she tries to gain her composure. She awkwardly laugh and smiled at me and then looked down. "Um...Happy Birthday!" She said as she genuinely smiled but was still nervous.

"You...know my birthday?" I asked her as she plays with her hands. I quickly chuckled and hugged her. She pushed me a little and I gazed upon her confusingly.

Suddenly, she got something from her pocket and gave it to me. It was a wrapped gift with some heart designs upfront. Small yet cute to be honest. It was a little box with a black ribbon on it. It was just like the one I gave her but hers was a bit smaller.

I quickly opened it and gave a small glance back at her. She looked at me as she tries to smile. "I'm sorry if it's not that good," she said as I quickly pat her head. She stared up at me and looked down.

I went back on opening the box and quickly saw a gold bracelet with a sign on it. It was really expensive by the looks of it. I don't really know how she got this.

"Infini" was carved on it. In english, it was Infinity.

"Do you like it?" I was quickly snapped back to reality as I looked at her. She looks a bit worried and stressed. I quickly put the gift back in the box and put it inside my pocket.

I suddenly picked Anne up and twirled her. She quickly gasped but it was then replaced by a giggle. I put her back down again and kissed her forehead.

"I love it milady,"