30. Comfort, Popularity &Rumors

Hey lovely readers, I'm back with a new chapter. I hope you'll enjoy and give your precious votes and reviews.

_________________________

Susan's P.O.V.

When I came back to the penthouse after hanging out with Lisa I got a call from Elenore, Xavier's mom to inform me about the ball event she is going to host in coming two weeks which is not good because firstly I don't have good experience with ball events.

And to add cherry on a cake she Choosed theme to be masquerade did I tell you that I'm horrible at recognizing people? No, then I must admit it, I'm very bad at it. Now I have two issues to face no actually three... no actually four.

First to get a suitable gown with corset I know they are not comfortable, but I had no choice because Elenor wants it to be Royality like old times.

Second request politely to Xavier so he will not do anything embarrassing which he won't I guess. But we are still not in talking terms so, he might take revenge? No, I rather be the bigger person and solve our differences before the event.

Third, get a mask for myself and Xavier too, so I would have no problem in recognizing him.

Fourth wrap up all coming events in office within this week

Oh, that's it?! Yeah, I can finish all these in no time sarcasm indeed.

First and third can be solved on Wednesday when I'm going for shopping with Liz. About second one I'll worry later on cause easy, ones should be solved first and difficult to later.

It's only 9pm I still had time I told Gloria our only helper to fix me some dinner and went to our bedroom to change. After changing into T-shirt, shorts and fluffy bunny slippers I went downstairs and munching on my salad and pasta. By the time I finish my dinner, Gloria finish her preparations for tomorrow and then bod my goodbye for today.

I went to my office and did some work on the hotel deal we are planning to buy. It is a prestigious hotel and owner need money, lots of money so research is a must. I can't just buy it without knowing about it properly. But till now I didn't get any negative news about the hotel as for the owner, he lost lots of his money in gambling so he urgently needs money which I'm willing to pay.

I asked dad about the hotel and he said its good source of investment and he is familiar with the owner's father who was a good man. In short dad wants me to buy it and help the owner. But this is a business not charity, I can't risk a big amount of money. I have to think practically too, he can't blame me.

I'll discuss about it with my team tomorrow, but first I'll hire a personal assistant since Tia is pretty much useless. Whatever I'm feeling sleepy so I'll call it a night now. I switched off the lights and went back to the bedroom and fall into my soft, welcoming bed chanting for me to go in the dream world.

But I can't stop thinking about Xavier his words, his anger, his jealousy, his accusation. But who I'm to complain, I did jump to the conclusion on our first night of marriage thinking that Xavier married to me only for money and position.

I still don't know if he did that or not, but his actions say otherwise. He deeply cares for me, but after living with him one thing I learned is that it's not necessary to love someone if you care about them.

After thinking about Lisa's idea of proper closure I hate it. What if he blames me for everything and I know myself enough that if he did that I'll simply go into depression for months. Now, I don't want that, definitely not. I moped around my parent's mansion enough after crying last year after my break up.

Oh god thinking about those times is enough to bring headache, but whatever now. I'm CEO of Joseph's plus I'm the wife of CEO of Williams Cooperation. I have a reputation to hold and maintain, I have my own family and even my smallest fault will be displayed like crime. The reason why everyone is so concerned about my safety. Money comes with package of comfort, popularity and rumours.

I just want tomorrow to better than today less drama I wish. But I that's an understatement because I heard the bell rang, who would have come this late? The only way to know is to go downstairs and find out.

Plus security didn't call which is strange, I wore my slippers and went downstairs, but before I can open the door I hear sound in the living area. As soon as I switch on the light I saw Xavier

"Xavier you scared me" I exclaimed.

"I'm sorry I didn't mean to, you were taking so much time to unlock the door so I used my keys. " Does he think I'm an idiot?

"If you had keys why did you bother ringing the bell in first place"

"Because I want you to wake up" Seriously, who does that and here I was thinking it would be awkward between us when he will come back.

"Whatever, welcome back babe." I said while giving him a hug, he wrapped his arms around me. Oh, this feels so good, it's like we are okay now.

"Thanks, I missed you by the way I got you something. But as I can see you are dressed for bed, I'll show you in the morning. " He said while taking me towards the stairs. 

"Me too" that's true, I did miss him. I can see dark circles under his eyes and tired look on his face.

"Would you like something to eat?" I asked him which he denied with shook his head in no.

"No thanks though, I will just change and catch some sleep, I'm so tired right now" As he said that we went to our bedroom and get comfortable inside the covers and fall asleep.

I guess tomorrow will be another dramatic day. If Xavier decided to discuss about our argument.

___________________________

So tell if you like this chapter and what do you think about masquerade ball??

Please Vote&Comment&Share&Follow and for today onwards I'll update regularly so be supportive

Anishaluv :)