43. An Arrest

Third Person's P.O.V.

After a quarrel between Susan and Xavier, Xavier went outside to cool down where Susan on the other hand stayed alone in her room. She was upset not only on Xavier for not listening to her, but on herself because she can't justify why she actually wanted to save Adrian.

There are various reasons like- she doesn't want his family to suffer, she wants to karma itself to teach him a lesson,  she doesn't want to feel guilty if thing goes really bad which will. Most importantly, she wants to save him because deep inside her heart, she really loved him at some point of her life. That is the reason she doesn't want to admit. Why? Because if she did, it would be real and it'll complicate things between her and Xavier.

Xavier wants her whole heartedly not some of it. He is a dream come true man for her. She is not denying that fact, but she can't just let him do this. If she back off now he'll walk all over her again and again.

That is not the only reason why she is fighting against it, there is also some legal stuff involved here. There exist a deal between her and Ryan more like between their fathers.

According to this deal Susan will not press any charges against Ryan for trying to Assault her and never disclose this information to anyone. And whoever will speak about it, have to face raged consequences. In return Ryan has to leave his hometown, his family and he has to promise that he will never cross a path with Suan ever again.

She doesn't want to face Ryan herself. Even the thought of it terrified her to death. It'll obviously scare anyone to face someone who gave you countless sleepless nights.

She knows as the truth is out now Ryan will definitely make a move and at least if he'll do something then it'll not be on her conscience. Adrian will suffer, but not because of her. She was desperate to make Xavier back off.

She went outside her room to go inside her own office and take a look at the documents for brief study. Even though she had already read them a number of times in the past. Just for a precaution.

When she was sure what she was reading it all correct. She decided to do some work which she couldn't have been doing for a few days which will require her to leave the place in a sour mood.

She wanted to tell Xavier about her going out, so she went outside his office door, but as soon as she went to knock the door she heard his voice.

"Dad, I'm not mad at her I'm pissed she is immature and impulsive. Hell, she is in love with her ex for all I know right now."  This is really a tie breaker for her. It's all clear whatever she has to say he'll always think otherwise.

She don't even blame him anymore. If she was in his shoes right now, she would have thought same. Definitely, but she wished that he will still believe her words more than anything else.  Turns out it's not the case here.

All she wanted to do was to turn that knob and ran inside his arms and kiss him, tell him that she is helpless. That he has to stop believing anything else going on here.

"No, dad you were wrong, we are not soul mates. But, I'm not you and I'll not give up on her like you did on my mother she left you because you let her. She is in it with me for forever now." At least he is not giving up on her. With that Susan left thinking as soon as she will reach home in the evening she will show him the documents.

It'll be all legal then he has to stop that madness. If he doesn't want her to face consequences.

She sticks the note on the refrigerator while leaving informing  him that she is going out.

She called Sebestian on her way to schedule all her meetings accordingly. If it's awkward to stay at the penthouse then she rather spent day work, how she actually she should spend it in the first place.

She went inside the building with Oliver behind her. Following her closely. Sebastian was there at the front lobby waiting for her.

"Here is the file about all the information you requested about capital earned till yet." She took the file.

"I don't want to attend any meeting today, I'll be completing all the paperwork today." She went inside the chamber.

"Sure, all the documents are already there on your desk. Just inform me when you need something. " With that she was left alone in her chamber with all the paperwork.

She was worried to see all the pile of files present. Looks like someone neglected the work a lot. As she was going through the papers she realized how much Xavier is influencing her current projects.

If they need to stand strong in the market she has to take individual projects more. Otherwise, they'll soon be known as merged business firm with the Williams.

She would be called as firm with how The Williams merged not the other way around. She like to be in sole power no sharing. She kept on evaluating the documents till its already five in the evening. As soon as the clock strikes five Sebastian poked his head inside her chamber.

"Would you like to head out for a coffee?" He asked her.

"Sure, give me a minute." She replied.

"I'll wait outside, then by the way Mr Williams sends these for you, " he gave her the white box and left. She opened the box and there lay a cupcake with strawberry frosting.

That confused her mentally is this signal that he is ready to listen to her and everything is back to normal? Or that it's just a cupcake he send for her since he usually brought stuff meaning nothing.

After staring that cupcake for a few more minutes she decided to eat it. Because no amount of anger he had towards her he won't poison her come on. Well, it does taste heaven.

She walked out of her chamber after that to grab a coffee with Sebastian. They went to the nearby coffee shop.

"So?" Sebastian attempted to start the conversation.

"He sends a cupcake for me, if that's what you are curious about" She answered after they settled down at the corner table.

"Well, judging from your expression I think it's peace offering from his side" As much as Susan wants to believe that she was unsure.

"I hope so, well from tomorrow onwards everything will be back to normal he will withdraw suit against Adrian. "She said smiling to herself.

"Really?  That's good you finally succeeded in convincing him, then "She just nodded in response.

After that they finished their respective drinks in silence. After that they exist the coffee shop side by side and went towards their building. But fate has something else stored for her. Soon they were surrounded by the men dressed in black. Her initial thought was to run away, but they'll immediately catch up with her. Oliver is guarding her best he can keep the men away from her.

"We don't want to create scene Ma'am, it'll be best if you cooperate with us I'm Harrison Richardson, FBI agent, I have an arrest warrant for you" She was shocked.

"For what reason I did nothing wrong" She was shaking with fear at that moment.

"For breach of contract and false accusations. " What the hell.

"Sebastian call Mason get me out of this. Tell Xavier to... "

"You cannot speak to anyone unless it's your lawyer, come with us now. " With that the start crowding her and left her no option but cooperate with these people.

But she didn't go inside the car without yelling

"Tell him to check my side table. "

___________________

Apology for late update do tell me what you think about it. This is my first attempt to write in third person's  point of view.

Till next update

PLEASE  🙏

VOTE&COMMENT&SHARE