44. Chase me for once and for all

Hey lovely readers. We finally reach 317k views  thanks to all of your support. Merry Christmas to all and wish you all a very happy New year.

Your constant support helped me to complete this book even though I just started it without any planning or proper plot in my mind, but it's time to wrap up this book and to end all irregular updates and waiting... I wanted to write few more chapters maybe bonus chapters will come in future along with epilogue coming up next.

Susan's P.O.V.

2 years later

"Mum, stop crying, I'm not leaving you for forever. Dad, please tell mom its just business trip I'll be back from London within a week." Mothers are so dramatic, sometimes that it gives you a headache, a very bad headache.

"Honey, let Suzi go, she can walk now and it's not like she will leave her settled life here and go back to London for one and a half year again." With that mom actually started staring at me like I'm the worst kind of human ever born.

Fine I left so what? I fractured my left leg and hand, slipped into coma for one month. I lost lots of things with that accident. I lost my position in the company apparently news of me being arrested leaked out. The Board has been already upset with scandal Adrian created and this gave them a good enough reason to vote me out. Dad has no option, but to accept his position back.

"Dad, please not again, look London has been good me plus grandpa and grandma are caring, not that guys are not, you know what I mean right?" After six months of rehabilitation program I was free to go home Xavier was all set for me to come back, but I was not, I wanted him to realize that he is part of my life, not my life.

I went home with my parents on the day of discharge, he didn't say a word his parents created fuss about it, but he handled them. He came with me to my parents home. We didn't talk with each other whole ride. It was awkward silence.

We were like ticking bomb ready to explode any second. It happened at night after dinner when we were alone on the balcony of my room.

"Susan look I'm sorry I know what happened was all my fault I should have let you handle your matter on your own, after all you really are master mind." First day out and I was treated with sarcasm.

"I know I am but it's worthless to sore my throat explain that to you, right?" I asked him, he stared at my face while controlling his anger. Good, because I'm done with his attitude.

"Of course, it's worthless after all when you were in prison and I was the one who was trying to get you out, and find the loophole in the situation."  Wow taunting me now. 

"Really? Last time I checked I would have not been in the prison that if you would have not interfered I keep telling you to back off, but you have been your proud self thought I'm trying to save my ex who I don't even give a damn about." I'm so losing my temper now.

"How would I know that?  All we do was fight about it and you keep bringing that asshole in our conversations." He said while pointing his finger at me.

"And for god sake sit down if you keep standing like that you'll hurt your leg, your therapist told you not to keep standing for longer duration and you are on this balcony for the past hour." 

"I know that and guess who is the reason behind my this condition."  I replied sarcastically. Immediately his expression changed from anger to guilt. I shouldn't have said that. He is not completely responsible for it, but I still shouldn't have said that.

"You think I'm responsible for your this condition?" I was about to say no but he stopped me.

"Don't say anything now, I still remember that day clearly, I went to Ryan's place to confront him why did he you send to prison, to make him withdraw case against  you. But as soon as reach to his place I got news that you are in the emergency room and you're in really critical condition. I was there when police came running to arrest him for charges of attempt to murder. Your murder. I came back you New York that very night. That was the second time in my life when I... when I cried." I can hear the pain in his words clearly, I tried to reach out for him but he steps back. So I stopped there and let him continue.