When You Surprise Him

A picnic, that was what the surprise had been, an indoor picnic in the spare room of your apartment.

 The room itself had been transformed to resemble a forest. Fresh twigs (courtesy of the park nearby, where trees shed their spare branches on a daily basis) had been tied together to create a "forest" around the perimeter of the room. The ceiling had leaves tacked to the it, with the occasional leaf hanging on clear thread to give the impression that they were in mid-fall. The usually shaded bulb had had it's cover removed and replaced with one in the shaped of a star (courtesy of a shade shop). On the wooden floor, a rug with the design of a forest's ground and upon that was a picnic blanket.

Steve had arrived home late that night and been absolutely overjoyed by your efforts. He couldn't believe the trouble you had gone to make him an indoor picnic.

 As you lay beside each other on the blanket, the blond smiled as you curled up next to him, wrapping your arms around his waist. You leaned your head against his chest. He loved how you snuggled into his shirt material. He kissed the top of your head, a gesture he did a lot.

You eventually looked up at him, your nose brushing against his jawline. "What're you thinking about?" you whispered.

"Nothing in particular." he continued to stare at the ceiling.

"Do you want to know what I'm thinking about?"

Before he was able to answer you, your lips collided with his. Your senses suddenly went into overdrive. All you could feel, taste and touch was him- and it was intoxicating and addictive.

When you to pull away and gasp for air-intense kissing always left you breathless, pun intended- Steve leaned back into the blanket. "I think I have an idea of what you were thinking..." he pressed his lips against yours once more before he finally pulled away. A content smile now plastered to his handsome face.