When You Get Engaged +4/5K???

A/N: Celebratory smut chapter heading your way in the next instalment!

****

"Honey," Steve walked into his shared apartment with his lover, you. "I'm home." he grinned to himself as he called out a cliched greeting.

When he realised that he hadn't received a reply, the blond frowned, wondering where you were. "(Y/N)?" he placed his coat and bag on the sofa, wandering into your bedroom, hoping to find you in there.

And there you were, lying curled up on the bed, wearing one of his deep blue shirts. You always wore his shirt when Steve was away on a mission.

He walked over to you and sat carefully on the bed, trying not to wake you. The male leant in closer and brushed away a stray lock from your face.

"Mmm, Steve?" you stirred against his touch. You opened your eyes and blinked a few times, adjusting your gaze to the light. You looked up at your boyfriend, smiling happily. "Hey, handsome." you sat up and pulled the spy into a hug, kissing his cheek. "You're home!" you could hardly contain your grin, it was so incredibly good to see him. "How was the mission?"

"Move over, sweetheart" he sighed, lying you both down upon the bed, your head resting on his chest. Once settled with you in his arms, he replied: "It was...lonely, I missed you while I was out there."

You curled herself against him, tangling their legs together. "I missed you too."

"So," he kissed your forehead. "what did you do while I was away?"

"Oh, just hung out with a few friends. Nothing exciting, really. I wasn't exactly saving the world, like some people I know." you giggled, as you nudged him in the ribs.

Laughing, Steve placed a chaste kiss on your temple. "Saving the world can sometimes be overrated."

You smiled contentedly as you nuzzled at his chest. "Whatever you say. You're still my superman."

"Speaking of super people, Diana says hi."

You suddenly became all doey-eyed at the mention of your best friend. "Aww, it's been so long since I last saw her. She's like you, always being sent somewhere faraway and dangerous." your mood darkened ever-so-slightly at the thought of your lover and best friend in a war zone. "Somewhere I can never follow you to."

Sensing your change in tone, the blond held you closer to him, his hand soothing rubbing circles on your worry about you and Diana. I know she's...she's independent but neither are you are immune to bullets. Neither you are immortal."

"Well, I don't know about her but-"

"I'm serious, Steve!"

Cupping your fave with his hands, your lover rolled his eyes playfully. "I know. Trust me, (y/n), I know the risks of every mission."

You nodded and leaned forward to kiss his sumptuous lips. "I can't wait until this war is over."

"You and me both." he chuckled sadly.

"I just want you safe."

"You know I do what I do to ensure you have a safe future."

You wriggled free of his tender grip to place a kiss on his forehead. "I know." you mumbled. From there, you made a trail down to his jaw, that jaw you love so much and the to his perfect, pink lips that tasted so sweet. "My hero." you pulled away and paused for a moment and merely stared at him determinedly.  "Steve?"

"(Y/N)?"

"I have something really important to say to you."

"I'm all ears, darling."

"I want to spend the rest of my life with you. I've, I've never felt like this about anyone before. I love everything about you, your smile, your laugh, your wonderful personality. Last night I looked up into the stars and matched each one with a reason why I love you. I was doing great until I ran out of stars. Steve, I guess what I'm saying is..."

"Will you marry me?" he finished your sentence.

"Yes, that."

A wide grin spread across his handsome face. "Sure, I'll marry you, (y/n)." he kissed you again, as you ran your fingers through his hair.

"I guess that's meaning I'm going to be Mr (y/l/n)."

"Oh you're definitely taking my last name." you chuckled.

****

A/N:

Players, put yo' pinky rings up to the moon
Girls, what y'all trying to do?
5k  views on this booooooook
Head to toe so player
Look out uh

I'm actually in shock. I need a shock blanket.