When You're Pregnant

A/N: Dedicated to princesszee313

****

It was late into the night when you finally became frustrated with your current hot flushes. You found yourself unable to settle as you became extremely warm and then suddenly alarmingly cold. Your body wanted you to feel one way, while your hormones another. 

You carefully rolled onto your side, kicking the duvet from your body, allowing it to fall to the floor. 

Your hands travelled to your slightly rounded torso. They came to rest at the navel, just below the bulge. In that dome was a life just beginning to blossom, a life that you and Steve had created.

Another hand came to rest on top of yours, as the presence of another body came into contact with your back. Delicate lips brushed across your flamed skin, leaving a trail of fire in their wake. With a sigh, you leaned into the male behind you, your fingers entwining on your stomach. "Is everything alright, (Y/N)?" Steve asked, his breath tickling your neck.

"I'm so warm." you murmured, frowning in discomfort. Your entire body felt as if was becoming warmer and warmer as the minutes passed.

He placed one final kiss upon your shoulder before untangling himself from you. The muscular, handsome male rose from the bed and walked around to your side, taking care not to trip over the discarded duvet in the low light of the silvery moon. He crouched in front of you, the expectant Mother, his face near your bump. He placed his lips to the raised area and mumbled. "Well, I can't have my girls in discomfort, can I?" 

And then with barely any effort, he scooped you into his arms, taking you and the foetus into the darkened living room of your home, where he gently settled you onto the cool material of the sofa.

Turning on the side lamp, it filled the room with it's gentle golden glow, casting a much needed and comforting light. 

Steve helped arrange pillows behind your back, making sure that you and the baby were comfortable. When he was sure that you were okay, he left the room hastily and walked into the kitchen, selecting a tube of (Your Favourite Flavour) ice cream from the freezer. The perfect remedy to hot flushes.

Back in the living room, you were sat propped up against a mound of plush pillows, your head resting on the back of the cool leather sofa. 

When he re-entered the room, you smiled wearily at him, your eyes now on the tub of dairy deliciousness. "Oh, Stevie. You're an absolute star." you whispered to him, taking the offered spoon in your hand.

He handed over the tub too, before seating himself on the sofa beside your feet, which he pulled onto his lap. "I knew that you had been craving it recently, so I went to the store earlier and purchased a few tubs." ever so gently, he began to massage your swollen feet and in return, received an appreciative moan from you. "I know that this pregnancy has been tough on you, so I wanted to do all I could to alleviate some of the stress."

You could feel tears of affection forming in your eyes. Usually you would blame them on the hormones but this time, they were actually your own. How could this wonderful man truly be you husband? "Oh, Steve..." you began to whisper.

"Sssh," he comforted you, wiping the tears that decorated your cheeks, away with his thumb. "you deserve it, (Y/N). I want to take care of you and baby."

You nodded and aided him by wiping away the left over tears from your flushed cheeks. You continued to eat your ice cream, savouring each spoonful. "I thought of a name today." you said, swallowing the bite you had been eating. "D'you want to hear it?"

Your husband smiled at you, resting his chin on your now  raised knees.

"I was thinking Lois."

"Lois Trevor." he beamed at you. "I think it's perfect." he kissed your kneecaps. Steve truly loved every inch of you. "She's going to beautiful when she's born."

You smiled too. "A little angel." you placed the ice cream and spoon on the floor "I love you, Steve Trevor." you reached forward slightly and caressed his cheek with your fingers. Your grin broadened as Steve nuzzled at your legs.

"I love you too, (Y/N) Trevor. And I love you, Lois Trevor."

"She loves us too."